Software Support Engineer
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a
At Workiva (NYSE
At Workiva we have a
What you will do as a Software Support Engineer
- Act as
the firstline of development support for our Customer Success staff to diagnose and troubleshoot issues that arise from our customers.
- Work to troubleshoot problems in real-time, interacting with customers and internal support representatives to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Interact as a part of multiple development teams to find solutions for customers.
- Identify, verify, and reproduce difficult to solve customer problems that may come from multiple sources.
- Act as incident manager of infrastructure and software incidents, coordinating communication and resolution across multiple teams and departments
- Facilitate the resolution of complex issues that may require the involvement of multiple teams and roles.
- Collaborate with functional testers in Quality Assurance to assist in testing and regression analysis.
- Brainstorm and implement ways to streamline our processes to keep our support structure fast and adaptable.
What we are looking for
- Intense passion for troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Experience parsing XML
- Strong knowledge of stack trace
- Self-motivation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and translate when needed
- A drive to improve, both personally and professionally
- Coursework or prior experience in computer or engineering related fields
- Experience doing Enterprise IT Network support
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- Experience working in both technical and non-technical environments