Engineering Manager, Engineering Success
Wind River has a great opportunity for an experienced engineering manager to lead an engineering infrastructure and software delivery team for Wind River’s Engineering Success organization. This position reports to the Director of Engineering at Wind River.
This is a new position for an experienced manager that is customer and solutions-focused as well as being collaborative, with the unique opportunity to drive a team on ensuring the success of the engineering and services organizations in developing and delivering, products, services and solutions to Wind River’s customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of engineers in San Jose, Costa Rica. The management aspects include: career planning, goal setting, performance assessment, coaching, performance improvement, compensation, conflict resolution, and other people management tasks
- Managing day-to-day delivery, development, test and support activities
- Coordination with Development, Marketing, Documentation, Export, and Finance to productize and deliver Wind River products to end customers.
- Coordination of deliverable specifics and deliverables. Estimate scope and duration in conjunction with the product owners and customers.
- Working across other product lines group at Wind River at different locations to coordinate work and integrate those resolutions and capabilities into the end to end engineering infrastructure.
- Support the transformation from traditional ALM tools to full DevOps with HA infrastructure and mechanisms for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Monitoring and maintaining SLAs and quality of service for engineering and services tools and reporting infrastructure
- Contributing to budget allocation and monitoring
- At least 5 years of management experience, preferably including tools and infrastructure support and development
- Experience leading teams of 5 or more software engineers
- Familiarity with both UNIX (Solaris or Linux) and Windows operating systems
- Experience with scripting and automation/configuration management using tools like Team City, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent
- At least 3 years with Continuous Integration Continuous Development and Automation tools
- Experience in web services (REST, Web Sockets), SQL and No-SQL Database.
- Experience with different Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, OpenStack)
- Experience with third party tools and providers: Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket), Jenkins, etc
- Experience and ability to work with third parties integration of technologies into solution.
- Strong mentoring, supervisory and team building skills
- Demonstrated strength in: planning and organization; English verbal and written communications; effectiveness as a team member and leader; drive and perseverance in accomplishing goals; professional integrity; adaptability to new projects; resourcefulness; energy and motivation to initiate and complete tasks; and enthusiasm building expertise in the technology
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.