Sr. Software Revenue Recognition Analyst - Contract Position
Wind River in Alameda has a 5-month contract opportunity for an experienced Software Revenue Recognition Analyst.
- Analyzing sales contracts to ensure worldwide revenues are properly accounted for according to US GAAP
- Working with sales, professional services & legal to provide consultation to field sales force during customer negotiations to achieve revenue objectives
- Reviewing status of professional services work for revenue recognition purposes
- Assisting in other revenue related projects, such as standalone selling price testing and other system tests
- Preparation of required journal entries during monthly/quarterly close cycles
- Assisting in the worldwide, quarterly revenue reporting process, as well as providing support in quarter and year-end review/audit procedures
- Assisting in supporting External Audit reviews
- Aiding in the documentation of processes in compliance with ASC 606 requirements and ensuring those processes are adhered to within the Quote to Cash process
- 3-5 years of Software Revenue Recognition experience and understanding of the new revenue standard ASC 606
- Strong general knowledge of other accounting and finance areas beyond revenue
- Great documentation skills in doing contract analysis to support revenue accounting position of complex contracts
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as the position requires effective interactions with sales personnel
- Excel skills, experience with Oracle and Discoverer preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
More about Wind River
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for the Internet of Things. The company’s technology has been powering the safest, most secure devices in world since 1981, and is found in more than 2 billion products. Wind River offers a comprehensive portfolio, supported by world-class global professional services and support and a broad partner ecosystem. Wind River software and expertise are accelerating digital transformation of critical infrastructure systems that demand the highest levels of safety, security, performance, and reliability. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.