Associate Embedded OS Support Engineer
If you’re a curious and collaborative individual, someone excited about working on challenging software and hardware problems, you will love being part of our group!
Our customers use our Wind River VxWorks OS to develop cutting-edge IoT and embedded system devices that will enable the next generation of technology user experiences.
We work with standard off-the-shelf and custom hardware designs, troubleshooting not only for RTOS issues but the possible interaction problems between the hardware design and the software applications of our customers.
You will need to be sharp and self-driven to jump into our labs and duplicate customer environments and devices using a wide range of Wind River tools such as IDEs, compilers, etc., to understand customer setups, anticipate or investigate possible root causes, and provide high-quality solutions.
- Learn and experience embedded system development and debugging environment.
- Learn Wind River System products to handle basic installation and known issue.
- Provide assistance to support engineers with internal tasks like setting up software and hardware environment to debug customer issues.
- Learn defect and case tracking system, system configuration, and testing for Wind River Products. Engage in internal and customer facing meetings.
- Work with cross functional teams to improve Wind River support processes.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related technical field
- 1 to 2 years software development experience
- Fluent in English
- Familiarity with networking applications, Core TCP/IP, Multicasting, Routing, etc.
- Know how of C/C++ applications and coding.
- Familiarity with tools like compiler, debugger etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Linux and Windows host environments.
- Familiarity with major embedded system processors.
- Exceptional team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.