Manager, Project Management
The Future is Software Defined
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River® is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of critical infrastructure systems with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability.
Wind River operates on the fundamental belief that some things are so important they simply cannot fail; this is why we exist. This belief imparts vital energy and urgency into our work and the way we operate, execute, and respond.
For nearly 40 years, Wind River has helped the world’s leading technology companies power generation after generation of the safest, most secure devices in the world. And in a new era of autonomy and connectivity, Wind River continues to lead the way. Our software runs the “can’t fail” computing systems of the most important modern infrastructure, including mission-critical aircraft, rail, automobiles, medical devices, manufacturing plants, and communications networks.
Our technology is in more than 2 billion devices throughout the world and backed by our industry-leading professional services, award-winning customer support, and robust partner ecosystem.
To learn more, visit Wind River at http://www.windriver.com
For our EU locations in Munich, Germany, Galati, Romania or Swindon, UK we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced:
Professional Services, EMEA
Wind River Professional Services has been helping clients implement great innovations, increase ROI and reduce time to market for more than 30 years. For any technical or business challenge, our Professional Services team offers a valuable blend of skills, contacts, knowledge, intellectual property, flexible resources, design processes, and a CMMI level 3 project management methodology, globally, across a wide range of industry.
Success will require:
- Business Development
- Delivery Excellence
- Virtual Leadership
- Technical understanding of Embedded Systems
Do you have what it takes?
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage projects through the assigned technical staff, measured by completion of the design project within time and budget parameters to meet contract requirements
- Coordinate the definition of project specifics, deliverables, and estimate scope, duration, and level or effort of proposed work, in conjunction with the technical staff
- Responsible for the definition and development of the complete quote based on concise, well-defined descriptions of work to be performed, in conjunction with the account manager
- Work with the commercial sales Account Manager, Business Development and Technical Pre-Sales Teams on project structure, project feasibility, cost, schedule, deliverables, and requirements for Statement of Work and Proposal
- Conduct proposal presentations to customers in conjunction with the Sales Team
- Ensures compliance of development with internal or/and external Quality Standards
- Responsible for customer satisfaction including the evaluation of customer needs throughout the lifetime of a project, together with Sales field staff
- Responsible to meet internal and external milestones on delivery to customer
• Experience in the area of Embedded Software Development, related to Aerospace & Defense, IoT, and/or Industrial embedded systems.
• Must have a strong Software Engineering background, and experience in embedded software projects / development
• Strong mentoring, supervisory and team building skills
• Strong presentation and communication skills combined with a high motivation and the ability to multi-task
• 8+ years of experience. Proven track record of managing projects up to size of 2M$US budget
• Preference for holders of Project Management certification(s) including: PMP, PRINCE2 Practitioner, CPMP, PMITS and/or IAPM’s Certified Project Manager
• Experience with processes (ISO, CMMI) and/or software related quality standards
• Preferably experience in working in a services environment and a proven track record of achieving results in 30+ people teams
• Excellent negotiation skills and proven Project Management skills are mandatory
• Written and fluent spoken English is mandatory, with either or German/French ideally
• Travel required
• Expert knowledge and a track record of projects implementing DO-178B/C, IEC 61508 and/or ISO 26262 standards and their associated software development lifecycles.
• Experience with developing and reviewing documents that show compliance and traceability of system requirements, through software requirements, code and tests.
Interested in joining a fast moving, professional and expert team of colleagues?
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.