Windows Systems Administrator
Wind River has a great opportunity available for an experienced Windows Systems Administrator. The Sr. Systems Administrator will work with an international team of Windows and Linux Administrators to provide Active Directory and Windows server support in a large-scale multi-platform (Solaris, RH Linux, Network Appliance, EMC, VMware, Windows Server OS) multi-site environment.
The Administrator independently designs, tests, implements, troubleshoots and maintains infrastructure architectures to include hardware platforms, client applications, server services and Windows operating systems; Provides enterprise level support for hardware and Windows OS related issues; Evaluates, tests and makes recommendations on new/upgrades to hardware, OS, network and applications and their impact on existing system configurations; Document standards, implementation procedures and troubleshooting processes. This position requires extensive collaboration with teammates, other business units, IT management and vendors. Must have good communication skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Provides specialized enterprise level support and management for Windows Infrastructure, Active Directory, Exchange, and all Windows server hardware.
- Install, support and maintain physical and virtual servers, troubleshoot server and hardware issues and escalate as required.
- Develop and implement business solutions using PowerShell, VBScripts, GPOs, etc.
- Maintain current patches, updates, virus and malware protection for responsible architectures and applications.
- Provide monitoring and planning for growth and capacity.
- Ensure that production systems are backed up and protected.
- Document infrastructure standards and processes, implementation procedures and troubleshooting processes.
- Design, develop, and articulate solutions based on a strategic business or technical requirements. Integrate new technologies to solve business requirements. Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure engineered solutions are aligned to company standards.
- Analyze the current enterprise and makes recommendations for capacity planning, performance tuning and design enhancements.
- Participate in the selection of services and products from a variety of vendors.
Core Competencies & Requirements:
- 7-8 years experience with Windows Server Operating Systems
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft Exchange
- 2+ years experience with VMWare
- Experience with PowerShell, PowerCLI or other scripting tools
- Solid understanding of Windows security fundamentals
- Strong Active Directory knowledge and administrative skills
- Strong understanding of IIS, WINS, DDNS, DHCP, DFS, FRS, Group Policy
- Must be available to work 24x7 support rotation
- Strong leadership skills and influence in one or more projects or disciplinary areas
- Makes decisions on non-routine matters within broadly defined policies and procedures
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Able to plan and execute complex projects
- Extremely proficient with two or more IT disciplines
- Capable of complex analysis
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.