Senior IT Network Engineer
Sr. Network Engineer with solid Cisco, Checkpoint Firewall, Aruba Wireless, and Avaya PBX experience. Responsibilities include communication infrastructure design, maintenance, and operations in a global presence. The technical focus is the nework, firewall, and voice infrastructure, including hardware and software systems.
The network team is responsible for the overall integration of an international network, security and voice infrastructure including the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of the company's communications systems.
- Strong technical knowledge in networking within one or more disciplines: Network security and network management, Cisco Routers and Switches, Checkpoint Firewall, Aruba Wireless, Silverpeak appliances, AWS cloud services, McAfee Web Gateway appliances, A10 load balancers, and Avaya PBX’s.
- Manage strategic projects/issues in a complex infrastructure and generate associated device configurations.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure problems, including response time issues, downed circuits, misrouting of data/ voice calls, etc.
- Coordinate installation of new Voice and Data circuits and moves of existing circuits.
- Working knowledge of EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to provide network, firewall and voice infrastructure support.
- Must be willing to work other than normal business hours, including occasional project work during weekends, and be part of rotating 24x7 on call support.
- Must be willing to document and diagram work.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in voice/data communications.
- CCNP/CCIE or equivalent experiences.
- Knowledge of Checkpoint Firewall Systems, including advanced functionality.
- Knowledge of A10 Load Balancers, Aruba wireless, and Silverpeak Appliances.
- Knowledge of Network Security best practices.
- Knowledge of network scanning tools such as Rapid7 Nexpose.
- Knowledge of telecommunications technologies (VoIP, VPN, and MPLS).
- Thorough knowledge of the OSI protocol stack, and experience with routing and switching technology is essential.
- Working knowledge network troubleshooting tools (WireShark, EtherPeekNX, etc.)
- Familiarity with SIEM technology and network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, NMIS.
- Familiarity with Network/Voice Operations Center processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with security practices such as RSA token authentication and Cisco Terminal Access Controller Access System (TACACS).
- VoIP and Video experience is a plus.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.