Sr. Embedded Linux Support Engineer
You are a curious and collaborative engineer, someone excited about tackling hard problems and finding innovative solutions: then you will love being part of our group. Our customers use our Wind River Linux distribution to develop cutting-edge IoT and embedded system devices that will enable the next generation of technology experiences. You will work with a variety of gateways (Intel, ARM, PowerPC, and MIPS), troubleshooting not only our Linux distributions but also the potential interaction problems within the hardware design and the software applications of our customers. You will need to be sharp and self-driven to jump into our labs and duplicate our customer environment and devices. You will master skills in a wide range of Linux tools (software and hardware) to understand customer’s setup, anticipate or investigate possible root causes, and provide high-quality solutions. You will work closely with end-users and stakeholders within Wind River customer support operations to assess, troubleshoot and solve complex multi-layered issues (hardware, software and everything in between)! You seek daily commitment with customers and partners, providing seamless support and extending their preference for us.
- Debug and resolve customer issues in a timely and professional manner
- Establish a deep understanding of customer needs for your area and leverage those insights to provide outstanding solutions
- Manage ongoing bugs/incidents, system configuration and testing for Wind River products
- BS, Lic, or Master degree would be a plus
- Experience with RTOS and /or Linux
- Experience in networking applications, Core TCP/IP, Multicasting, Routing, etc.
- Development and Debugging of C/C++ applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Linux and Windows host environments
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues in a real-time embedded environment
- Familiarity of major processor families: PowerPC, Intel and ARM and MIPS
- Experience with device drivers, BSPs and HW design
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environment
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.