Digital Print Production Specialist
The Digital Print Production Specialist will be encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. This role will create products which will enable Wilsonart’s ambition to serve their customer better than their competitors.
As a print and imaging expert this role will focus to drive change and lead process improvement projects and programs. Deliver printed operational improvements through the strategic deployment of industry leading techniques and continuous improvement tools. This position will be an integral part of the digital business segment team while helping to guide direction and best practices.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain linearization for the digital printers
- Create ICC profiles that match current production standards
- Monitor everyday production for color stability
- Analyze incoming batches of ink for conformance to color standards
- Work with design, custom laminate and quality team to check color standards
- Develop tools to maintain color stability from print to lamination.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in process research, product development and scale-up of print process technology, including experience as an Printing/Imaging professional
- Detailed knowledge with electronic pre press operations, especially RIP software from multiple vendors and the proven ability to modify open system RIP for optimization of color space and total reduction of ink usage and complete knowledge in color profiling.
- Experience in high resolution, full color, digital printing on paper and or rigid substrates.
- Experience in gravure printing is preferred. Process engineering skills to enhance operation of digital printers, develop and maintain ink formulation is also required.
- Experience with color matching and color matching using visual and quantitative spectrophotometric methods are required.
- Experience with high resolution, large format, image scanning is also a plus.
- Strong math and computer skills (PC skills to include Word, Excel, Windows, MS Outlook, MS Office, Adobe, and RIP software)
- Basic engineering understanding, including mechanical, electrical, and controls techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in process modeling, quantitative data analysis, and the economic feasibility of new products
- Bachelor's Degree in Printing Technology or Graphic Arts/Manufacturing is required and a Master’s Degree is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.