LEAN Manufacturing Specialist
As a Lean Manufacturing Specialist for our Temple, TX facility you will guide the plant in developing, executing, and sustaining plant Lean and Americas Cost Out strategy across the product value chain including suppliers, procurement, logistics, production, and supporting organizations. This position will report to the VP of Global Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify non-value steps and develop and implement lean projects across the local plant organization.
- Work with the regional and segment lean teams, as well as management, to ensure implementation buy-in of the plant lean strategy.
- Conduct and facilitate Lean Action Workout sessions or similar Value Stream Mapping activities
- Develop a sense of urgency in the organization for all improvement activities.
- Build and maintain visual controls and metrics aimed at delivering performance data for decision making to management at all levels through-out the plant.
- Collaborate with support functions in implementing lean, metrics, and dashboards for all processes.
- Coordinate and engage organizations outside of SCM (ie. Quality, safety, SPS, etc) in leveraging knowledge and lessons learned from across Wilsonart.
- Always drive safety first and quality into the process.
- Partner with plant operations to teach and mentor manufacturing personnel
- Achieve specific financial targets related to productivity resulting from LEAN activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly developed knowledge within a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing cross functional project teams in a global matrix organization including advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and project team performance
- Six Sigma Certification, PMP Certification, APICS Certification a plus
- Working knowledge of Toyota Production System or similar required
- Manage teams and projects across cultural barriers, both internal (cross organizational) and external (suppliers and customers)
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or a closely related field is required. Applicable experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- 5+ years as a change agent utilizing various methodologies within a manufacturing environment.
5+ years Industrial/manufacturing/engineering/LEAN experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting in the same location of standing/walking; required to stoop, climb or lift light material (10-20lbs) or equipment.
ENVIRONMENT: Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes, temperature extremes, loud noises and bright lights.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.