Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior Systems Administrator will work as part of a small System Administration team at a fast paced, high-energy office.
- Expert level Administration of production Windows and Linux servers
- Expert level Administration of VMware/ESX
- Administration of Shared storage environments such as NAS/SAN devices from HP or Dell / EMC
- Ability to design and deploy complex IT infrastructure into multiple geographic locations, including optimized virtualization, advanced Active Directory administration, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems, global Web presence, Content Delivery Networks, and more.
- Familiarity with the installation and operation of a variety of open source software such as the LAMP stack.
- Familiarity with Administration of LAN/WAN networking products including Routers, Switches, Firewall devices, VPN’s, and more.
- General aptitude for scripting and programmatic optimization of repeated administrative processes in Linux and Windows environments.
- Aptitude for learning legacy systems and how they integrate into the workplace, and plan technology upgrades as appropriate.
- Good mentoring and training skills are required.
- Multitask efficiently in a high-energy office
- Must be highly skilled at documenting processes and procedures
- Act as an excellent Team player
- Based in Temple, TX but willing to work at multiple geographic locations within central Texas (Temple/Austin/Taylor). Other minimal travel may be required.
- Must demonstrate and exercise good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must be willing and able to be “on-call” after hours.
- Accept new tasks as assigned.
- Employee will often set their own priorities based on general guidelines and direction.
- Employee must often compare alternative courses of action and make logical decisions.
- Employee must work well with ambiguity and tasks will not always be routine.
- Employee will have the authority and will be expected to make some decisions on their own, without direct guidance from supervisor.
- Must have at minimum five to seven years real world experience administering production servers.
- Looking for a super-sharp, fast learner who has extremely solid Windows and Linux Server level expertise.
- Must also have strong practical experience with VMWare VSphere / ESXi, Storage, Networking, and Oracle ODAs.
- Experience administering Oracle EBS hardware and operating systems is also required.
- AAS in a technical field such as Computer Science is required,
- BS in a technical field such as Computer Science is preferred.
- Substantial experience in related functions and/or industries may be considered as a substitute.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.