Specification Representative - New York City
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops relationships with customers and serves as the primary contact in a territory for the design community
- Increase business volume with all accounts in the territory to include some national accounts.
- Provides design, product and application information pertinent to individual accounts.
- Interacts with sales representatives, regional managers, and distribution personnel to maximize results and keep everyone informed.
- Links designers and planners to industry fabricators where appropriate, with a view to ensuring immutable specifications.
- Provides feedback to internal customers regarding the surfacing needs of the design community.
- Participates in industry related associations.
- Hands on placement, updating, and maintenance of all Wilsonart merchandising in the territory
- Effectively use Wilsonart’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. Documentation to include account data, sales call itineraries and activity, project opportunities, revenue potential for Wilsonart products and job tracking.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the complete product line and its marketing performance.
- Experience with marketing, sales and specification principles.
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written formats with all levels of our organization and our customers.
- Ability to sell products and concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to make professional public presentations.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Effective time management skills and a strong work ethic are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business Administration or a closely related field. One additional year of experience may substitute for one year of required education with a maximum substitution of four years.
- One year field selling experience, preferably in the commercial and residential design community.
This position will be responsible for NYC, specifically Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.