Sander Operator Helper
Sander Operator Helper
Last reviewed: November 2016
Characteristics of the Class:
Feed the laminate through the sander and layoff the material from the sander under the direction of Sander Operator. Perform other tasks as required.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Retrieve the pressed material from the breakdown holding area.
2. Operate table lift to position the material to be sanded.
3. Activate feed line, edge routing and end cut.
4. Cut material to specific sizes.
5. Adjust machine controls.
6. Off load exiting laminate sheets individually to the lay-off table.
7. Conduct visual quality check of completed laminate during the process.
8. Inspect material against set specifications and pattern defects.
9. Pull from process any imperfect product onto off load table.
10. Place the finished product in the holding area to be delivered to the Finished Goods Department.
11. Transfer production schedule to the off load table.
12. Document the amount of material waste.
13. Place a new table at the sander to continue the process.
14. Perform lock-out/tag-out procedures and preventative maintenance checks.
15. Initiate corrective action if production operations are not to standard.
16. Insure employees are wearing protective equipment as required or when handling hazardous materials.
17. Provide on the job training to department personnel.
18. Prepare material for production process by laying up, separating dry kraft and wax paper, etc.
19. Regular attendance required.
Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
High School Graduate or GED
One year of work experience.
Very Heavy work. Tasks involves pushing / pulling 140lbs of material, lifting from floor to mid-thigh 10lbs, lifting 20lbs from mid-thigh to shoulder, lifting 10lbs from shoulder to overhead level, carrying 20lbs, standing and walking during a minimum ten hour shift.
Located in an environment with regular exposure to fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or loud noises which cause noticeable discomfort or moderate risk of accident or illness. Examples: engineering, waste mgt, laundry workers and yards/grounds staff
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.