Sales Representative - Performance Veneer
The Performance Veneer Sales Representative will provide leadership and business development for New Leaf Performance Veneer at OEM’s, regional warehouses, and metro centers in applicable building products industry verticals. Promote and secure specifications at the A & D level where necessary. Assure that all Performance Veneer sales initiatives are executed effectively and timely. Work with and support local sales teams with product expertise, sales and project tracking where necessary. Seek new customers as well as servicing all buying and non-buying accounts.
This position will be home based and should be located near a major airport hub.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure personal and team sales targets are met.
- Act as authority for best practices in Performance Veneer use and applications.
- Target and convert key OEM’s in applicable industry verticals
- Forecast sales and develop sales strategies and models
- Create demand with OEM’s in applicable industry verticals
- Research and generate new accounts and follow through on sales leads
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with logistics and operations teams that allows for clear communications and productive engagements. Act as liaison between corporate initiatives and the field to ensure best practices.
- Document activities in the CRM to ensure best practices are recognized and employed regularly and to capture sales for Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces.
- Provide leadership, collaboration, knowledge & expertise to warehouse staff relative to Performance Veneer.
- Keep abreast of the latest industry developments by attending sales meetings, industry events, training sessions and individual research
- Track record of over-achieving sales quotas
- Experience in value-added selling in complex environments to manufacturing or A & D community.
- Experience within the Building Industry and strong understanding of materials and component value chain as it pertains to wood panel processing, veneer, and pressing.
- Experience working with a CRM and pipeline management
- Computer use proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with sales and marketing principles, material handling, specification & channel sales,
- Knowledge of industry standards applicable to the product and other pertinent rules/regulations governing material standards
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to make professional public presentations
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a closely related field is required. One additional year of experience may substitute for one year of required education with a maximum substitution of four years.
Experience: 5+ years of field selling or specification sales experience. Specific experience selling in the veneer or wood industry is a plus.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.