Over-the-Road Truck Driver
Fleet Truck Driver
Join A Great Fleet Team at Wilsonart!
You must have at least one year of accident free OTR interstate driving experience, possess a high school diploma or GED and desire to work in a team environment.
- Competitive Pay
- $2500 Sign-On Bonus
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Company-Paid STD & LTD
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Company Events
- 401k with Company Match
To perform the duties of an over-the-road tractor trailer driver, delivering and picking up material as assigned, in a timely, safe, courteous and efficient manner. Perform other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate company vehicles in a proper and safe manner, complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations; and company policies and practices.
- Conduct pre and post trip inspection and record in accordance with regulations.
- Ensure trip paperwork and loads match and loads are moved to the proper destination.
- Properly and legibly complete the appropriate paperwork, such as trip envelope; driver trip report; pick-up sheet, pay sheet and the sign in/out log.
- Maintain legible driver hours-of-service logs so that they accurately reflect time spent in each duty status and are current to the time of the last duty-status change.
- Communicate with the Dispatcher and/or Supervisor regularly regarding departure times, late deliveries, limited availability of hours, etc.
- Maintain as closely as possible, within the constraints of load availability and safe vehicle operation, the established departure and arrival schedules for loads.
- Maintain the advanced expense funds, less reimbursable receipts, so that they are available on each trip.
- Maintain a current and valid DOT physical and a Commercial Driver’s License with a hazardous materials and tanker endorsement.
- Hook and unhook trailers.
- Legally enter and exit the United States at the Canadian border.
- Take DOT-required rest breaks (sleeper berth) while vehicle is in motion.
- Operate powered industrial trucks.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the Fleet Department, DOT, and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Must possess ability to operate tractor & trailer equipment safely & proficiently.
• Ability to comprehend & understand bills of lading and instructions pertaining to loads.
• Knowledge and understanding of Federal Motor Carrier safety regulations.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- One year of accident free interstate driving experience in a vehicle up to 80,000 points, GVW Rating.
- Possess a valid commercial drivers license (CDL) with hazardous materials and tanker endorsement and meet all DOT requirements.
- Team driving experience beneficial.
Heavy work. Tasks involve pushing / pulling, lifting, and handling material up to 100 pounds. Meet all physical requirements according to DOT qualifications.
Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes, temperature extremes, loud noises and bright lights.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.