Maintains and repairs all HVAC systems and associated equipment within the Facilities and performs Preventative Maintenance on HVAC systems as needed. Install, troubleshoot and repair all HVAC systems and associated control systems. Responsible for Air Handling Systems, Temperature and Humidity equipment & associated controls throughout all facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, and repairs HVAC systems including wiring circuits and to applicable codes for new equipment and repairs.
- Installs and maintains electrical and electronic components of HVAC equipment in the plant.
- Diagnoses electrical/mechanical problems and break downs on the HVAC systems. Performs necessary repairs and replaces all electrical/mechanical/pneumatic apparatus as needed for HVAC Systems.
- Install, Troubleshoot and Maintain industrial controls, instrumentation and industrial control wiring.
- Works from complex wiring diagrams, prints, schematics, code books, and similar documents.
- Troubleshoots problems with HVAC systems and equipment.
- Schedules and performs regular PM’s of HVAC systems and equipment.
- Work with Maint. & Electrical Techs on Heat Exchanger problems or issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and National Electrical Code.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles.
- Knowledge of wiring schematics.
- Knowledge of computers and associated software.
- Demonstrated ability to continue learning.
- Skill in writing for documentation and record keeping.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written forms at all levels of the organization, internal and external.
- Ability to be comfortable and safety conscious when operating machinery.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to resolve problems.
- Adhere to Safety rules and regulations and follow safety procedures.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent, plus an associate degree or tech school certificate in the related HVAC field.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of solid, direct HVAC experience in an industrial environment and working experience with Industrial HVAC systems, Chillers, Heat Exchangers, Cooling Towers ,Refrigeration, Compressors, Air Handlers, Chill Water Systems, Steam and Hot water supply systems, Air Flows and Air Flow designs. Knowledge of the National Electrical Code is required. Knowledge of Metasys HVAC control systems or similar or equivalent system.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuous physical exertion is required, suchas walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or equipment of heavyweight (>50 lbs)
ENVIRONMENT: Located in an environment with regular exposure to fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or loud noises which cause noticeable discomfort or moderate risk of accident or illness. Examples:engineering, waste management, laundry workers and yards/grounds staff
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.