Plate Operator (Production Helper)
Rotating Crew Schedule
$16.00 / Hour
Last reviewed: November 2016
Characteristics of the Class:
Operates the plate lift, separates pressed laminate, and stacks the material. Lays up the treated decorative and core material under direction of the Back-Up Operator/Press Operator/Foreman. Performs other tasks as needed.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Retrieves and positions tables of component material to be laid up for the production process.
2. Inspects component material, plates, and completed laminate. Records found rejects.
3. Lays up the component material and lays off completed laminate according to the production process.
4. Operate console in break out area.
5. Handles the movement of stainless steel plates, carrier plates, thermal wire and completed laminate.
6. Identify the different plate finishes.
7. Initiates corrective action if production operations are not standard.
8. Transfers the thermal wire board, insert the thermal wires and attaches to posts.
9. Logs production information such as: material produced, type, size, run, control settings, etc.
10. Moves the pressed material to the Sander Department.
12. Performs lock-out/tag-out procedures and preventative maintenance checks.
13. Participates in the Wilsonart Continuous Improvement system.
14. Regular attendance required
Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
High School Graduate or GED
One year work experience.
Heavy work - Tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials or 50 to 100 pounds.
Located in an environment with regular exposure to fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or loud noises which cause noticeable discomfort or moderate risk of accident or illness. Examples: engineering, waste mgt, laundry workers and yards/grounds staff
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.