Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces, Temple, Texas is currently seeking to fill Part-Time positions. These individual will be assigned to a designated schedule:
This individual pulls, inspects, packs, and bands material on carts, skids, crates or cartons for shipment. Performs other tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates the pending order.
- Pulls material for the order, ensuring completeness.
- Cut down over sized laminate to fill the pending orders
- Inspects all material on the pending order to applicable standards.
- Obtains the cart, skid, crate or carton for the material shipment.
- Completes paperwork clearly and accurately.
- Packs and bands material for shipment to the customer’s specification.
- Prioritizes schedules to meet shipping deadlines
- Drives lift truck and platform lift
- Counts material in inventory.
- Participates in the Wilsonart Continuous Improvement Process
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent, plus one year of work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of computers sufficient to input and retrieve data
- Knowledge of products and their manufacturing processes.
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to use basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read and write legibly.
- Ability to identify material characteristics.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to work independently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSMedium work - Tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials of 50 to 100 pounds.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.