Quality Assurance Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and initiate quality standards and methods for inspection, testing , evaluating and compliance
- Ensure all plant personnel are properly trained with regard to quality programs, procedures, safety and housekeeping
- Manage, direct and lead activities to investigate, formulate and implement methods to improve and correct quality systems non-conformities and deficiencies.
- Establish, maintain and drive plant-wide auditing systems which incorporate sound Process Control Quality Assurance practices with respect to ISO compliance requirements
- Responsible for continually monitoring, measuring and improving process control, influencing department cost of production, quality metric analysis and schedule attainment in support of plant financial plan
- Maintain compliance to ISO-9001 standards through managing Quality Management System and driving compliance to written procedures
- Communicate with vendors, suppliers and customers to determine critical raw material properties and product specifications. Create the specifications, requirements and guidelines for the procurement of equipment, materials and/or component parts
- Communicate throughout the organization regarding manufacturing capability, production schedules and ability to achieve production throughput at acceptable quality levels
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions,
- Apply statistical methods to determine process capability and demonstrate process control
- Compose, implement and educate production personnel on job and departmental manufacturing processes to ensure align with company specific work instructions
- Effectively communicate project status, risks and schedules to all stakeholders on a regular basis
- Strong technical background in manufacturing environment with demonstrated track record of supporting multiple shifts while achieving business results
- Minimum two years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to establish process controls to achieve customer and internal product quality and lead time requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems via root cause analysis (5 whys, pareto, SPC, six sigma and Lean tools)
- Results-oriented, displays a strong determination for action, takes ownership for projects and is serious about delivering on commitments
- Strong technical and organizing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter; takes the initiative and is able to perform job functions with a minimum level of both technical and administrative supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Chemical Engineering or Material Science, 3-5 years industrial experience in project management and PM Tools. Familiarity with Statistical Process Control, JMP, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S Tools. Knowledge of Work Class Manufacturing Concepts preferred Certified Six Sigma Green Belt preferred. Familiarity with ISO-9001 Certification.
Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours.
Working in the presence of chemicals while using proper PPE.
Ability to lift/carry a minimum of 50lbs. frequently.
Requires frequent mental and visual concentration for computer usage.
Frequently is required to: stand, walk, bend and reach (both above and below the shoulder)
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.