Whitepages Inc. is a global leader in digital identity verification. Our solutions include Whitepages Premium for consumers and Whitepages Pro for businesses. Whitepages Premium provides consumers access to U.S. public records to verify contact details, mobile numbers, bankruptcy history, criminal records, and more to facilitate trusting interactions in today’s sharing economy. Whitepages Pro provides businesses with global identity verification solutions via enterprise-scale APIs and web tools to help companies identify the legitimate customers from the fraudulent ones.
Our foundation is data at massive scale. Our open search web properties serve 55 million visitors per month and account for more than 90% of free people searches in North America. To support these users, Whitepages has developed its own fully-integrated, high-availability Identity Graph database which houses more than 5 billion global identity records. These records have been curated and corroborated from hundreds of different sources and made available to our users to deliver unparalleled coverage, accuracy, and performance. Whether you are looking up an old friend, checking out someone you’ve met online, or powering a fraud solution for your enterprise, Whitepages can help you verify identities worldwide.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to work in our Budapest office, who thrives on designing, coding and maintaining high performance data processing applications on the JVM platform (primarily in Clojure). Our ideal candidate would have deep experience building internal and external APIs with the most fitting tools and the passion to champion new and exciting technologies to solve Whitepages' unique and challenging problems.
Your ideal job should be one where you work in a small team and are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should want to be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn are valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs.
You must have...
- A passion for building scalable web services;
- Proven experience building highly scalable and available production web services starting from the data storage layer;
- A desire to own design and architecture end to end;
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement;
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills;
You must be...
- Extremely knowledgeable of data storage and processing systems and web service APIs;
- Proficient in functional programming;
- Fluent in one or more high level languages like Clojure, Java, Scala, C#, etc.;
- Deeply versed in internet protocols and standards;
- Knowledgeable of scaling techniques (caching, message queues, eventual consistency, etc.).
Extra points if you...
- Have experience building complex data processing solutions;
- Have experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Have deployed services to the cloud (especially AWS);
- Have deployed docker based services;
- Have extensive experience with *nix;
Combine all this with a dynamic, can-do culture, and Whitepages is a pretty awesome place to work for folks who want to have impact. We are a small team with a passion for what we do, and we keep our employees at the center of our mission. We host weekly events, including catered lunches and happy hours, enjoy unlimited vacation, keep a fully stocked kitchen, and work in some great cities, with headquarters in downtown Seattle, and offices in New York City and Budapest, Hungary. If this sounds like the kind of place you want to spend your days, then visit us at: http://about.whitepages.com/. Whitepages Inc. prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer.