Vulnerability Specialist- Houston
Who we are:
In July of 2019, WhiteHat was acquired by NTT Ltd., a leading global technology services company. This immediately enabled WhiteHat to bring solutions and professional services to clients in over 100 countries where NTT Ltd. operates. With major wins in 2019 across the Americas, Europe, Australia and Japan, WhiteHat Security continues to leverage channel partners, direct sales teams, and the global presence of NTT Ltd. to service customers worldwide. On May 5th, 2020 we were named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing (AST). This Leader position is based on the ability to execute and completeness of vision. This is WhiteHat’s fifth time being named a Leader in this report.
What we’re looking for:
The Vulnerability Specialist is an entry level role. This person will review source code from hundreds of applications, in a variety of languages, and validate common web/mobile application vulnerabilities reported by the Code Analysis Engines.
What you'll be doing:
- Review source code of Java, .NET (C#), PHP, and Objective C web/mobile applications for common security flaws
- Communicate the impact and likelihood of validated vulnerabilities and suggested remediation strategies
- Configure WhiteHat Static Code Analysis Engine to checkout and scan customer code throughly and efficiently
- Evaluate the accuracy of the WhiteHat Sentinel Static Analysis Scanner and provide feedback for possible improvements
- Quickly learn new languages, frameworks, and security controls through self-study
- Effective communication with team members and customers
- Detail oriented problem solving
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of one or more of the following languages: Java, C#.NET, PHP, Objective C
- Understanding of SAST concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the basic concepts of programming (object-oriented, functional patterns, etc)
- Passion for the advancement of web security
- Familiarity with the OWASP Top 10
WhiteHat Security is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
WhiteHat Security is an E-Verify employer and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.