Sales Engineer- New England
WhiteHat Security- Enterprise Sales Engineer- Chicago
Who we are:
WhiteHat Security ignited the web application security industry and continue to lead by transforming the way organizations master vulnerability management. Only WhiteHat Security offers a solution that combines an advanced, cloud security platform with the world’s largest force of security experts.
What we’re looking for:
The Sales Engineer will act in a field sales engineering capacity as the primary technical resource for WhiteHat Security’s field sales force. Key responsibilities are actively driving the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the field sales force as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The Sales Engineer will identify technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and will establish and maintain strong relationships with customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Presenting WhiteHat business and solution value of our enterprise security products and services to prospects, partners and customers.
- Providing sales engineering leadership that includes training of sales, technical teams and our partner community.
- Understanding the customer’s requirements and environments and be the customers advocate internally to drive their requirements through our sales process process
- Providing detailed technical knowledge of the customer’s ever-changing development environments, in a presale’s context, in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment under minimal supervision.
- Providing Proof of Concept service to presales customers and help clients with planning and implementation of their products
- Providing software and cybersecurity consulting in complex customer environments
- Maintaining and expanding working knowledge of current and emerging products and services offerings.
- Providing product demonstrations, webinars and event seminars to expand the awareness and value of the Whitehat solution offerings.
- Contributing to building the Sales Engineering body of knowledge and develop Subject Matter Expertise in assigned products and solutions
- Identifying trends in customer requirements, security trends, vulnerabilities, and specific feature requests.
- Participating in alliance events including building partner and customers relationships
- Having a healthy and productive cross functional work relationship with Engineering, Product Management, Program Management, Operations, etc to ensure the success of the role & our service to the Customer base
- Driving, assisting and supporting the POC process with prospects, partners and customers.
- Minimum of 5 years in technical sales or relevant customer-facing experience in the technology domain.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills.
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Posses a challenger, analytical approach towards problem solving.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, presentation and writing skills.
- Experience with a broad set of industry technologies including but not limited to:
- · SAAS, PAAS, IAAS
- Linux (Kali, Redhat, Ubuntu etc)
- Virtualization (Virtual Box, VMware, Hyper-V, Docker etc)
- Cybersecurity (Vulnerabilities, Frameworks, Compliance standards, OWASP)
- Ability to travel 35-40% of the time.
Additional Consideration given:
- Penetration Testing (Dynamic and/or Static Application Penetration testing)
- Application development (SDLC, Agile, SCRUM)
- CI/CD Processes and Tools (Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- DevOps and/ or SecOps background and familiarity
- Computer languages JAVA, C++, Node.js, .Net
WhiteHat Security is an E-Verify employer and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.