Water/Wastewater Senior Project Manager
1105WESTON has an opportunity for Senior Project Manager to take a prominent role in our expanding municipal water/wastewater engineering practice in the DFW area. This is a client-focused seller-doer position for which the candidate must have both business development and project management experience for municipal water/wastewater design services in the DFW metropolitan area. The successful candidate will be responsible for networking with clients to identify and define projects, developing and negotiating proposals, building teams of technical staff and subconsultants to execute work, maintaining quality management processes to ensure that the work remains on track, and delivering according to scope, schedule, and budget. Fast career track advancement to more senior Principal Project Manager or Client Service Manager roles will be commensurate with business development and management ability. Only candidates possessing a Professional Engineering (P.E.) license in Texas with the experience above will be considered. Three independent references verifying experience will be requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, chemical, environmental or mechanical engineering
- Current Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of Texas
- 15+ years of experience in the field of water/ wastewater engineering design
- Municipal wastewater collection/treatment design engineering experience in DFW.
- Municipal wastewater collection/treatment client relationships in DFW.
- Demonstrated selling and proposal development success to local clients.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including financial responsibility.
- Strong passion to engage client organizations to identify and win new projects.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability convey technical presentations.
- Ability to recruit, build, mentor, and foster an engineering team as a leader.
- Successful capture of $1M or more gross sales for new wastewater design work annually
- Successful project management of $1M or more design/construction projects annually.
- Execution of all work professionally, safely, and ethically according to company values.
- Highly-competent technical leadership resulting in successful project delivery.
- Regular client engagement resulting in continually expanding trust relationships.
- Project management leading teams to meet scope, schedule, budget requirements.
- Meticulous project financial management resulting in consistently profitable work.
- Staff engagement through recruiting and mentorship to build and strengthen the team.
- Diligent and timely compliance with and implementation of company business practices.
- Regular participation in local professional societies and associations for networking.
- Maintenance of a Professional Engineer license in Texas for employment duration.