Account Manager II Commercial Lines
You spend more than half of your waking hours working. Make these precious, fleeting moments matter by working for an organization and a cause you can believe in.
Western Growers exists for one reason only: to ensure the future viability of its members – the hard-working, salt of the earth farmers who grow the fruits, vegetables and tree nuts that feed our nation and nourish our bodies. But their way of life, their ability to pass their multi-generational farms and family legacies on to their children and grandchildren, is being jeopardized by a host of threats, many of them beyond their control. They face a growing litany of laws and regulations that make it increasingly difficult and expensive to do business.
Our members depend on us to help them remain competitive and profitable in spite of these trying circumstances, which we do by fighting – heart and soul – for them every single day. We passionately advocate for them in the halls of Congress and on the steps of the state capitol. We actively facilitate the advancement of technology designed to help them become more efficient and less dependent on diminishing resources. We diligently provide health insurance to their farm workers, as well as other insurance solutions tailored to the unique business. We do all of this, and more, from a position of leadership in the agriculture industry, which requires a team of intelligent, inquisitive and innovative individuals sold out for our common purpose.
Job Description Summary
This position reports to the WGIS Director of Commercial Lines Account Management. They are responsible for working with the Commercial Lines account management team to develop and implement strategies to obtain, maintain and/or expand WGIS agency services within an assigned territory.
- High School diploma or equivalent and three (3) to five (5) years of commercial lines account servicing experience in carrier or agency preferred.
- Active California P&C license required.
- Working knowledge of the various carriers in the marketplace.
- Moderate understanding of how Commercial Lines insurance products are delivered, purchased and financed (funded).
- Strong skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and insurance data tracking software preferred.
- Proven ability to interface with the client/customer/member via phone and face-to-face.
- Strong ability to communicate client friendly concepts to the customer.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Prior experience working in an account management team environment preferred.
- Prior experience working in a sales and/or customer contact environment preferred.
- Agriculture or related industry experience a plus.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to 25% of the time.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Process applications for new Property and Casualty accounts, as well as changes to reinstatement and cancellations of current policies.
- Ensure all submission questions are answered, compiled, and reported.
- Prepare documentation for quoting and proposing new, renewing, comparing, and changing in property and casualty policies.
- Create and execute new business plans, service plans, and renewal meetings.
- Plan marketing and renewal strategies.
- Identify account rounding and cross-sell opportunities.
- As directed by the producers and account management resources, interface with Insurance Companies underwriting staff to promote and ascertain best customer rates.
- Work with producers, account management, and insurance companies to research answers to questions and address service issues raised by customers.
- Prepare client meeting and account presentation materials.
- Address client and sub-broker questions and issues and escalate to appropriate resources as necessary.
- Maintain all relevant current customer information/data in Epic agency management system.
- Manage information, which includes but is not limited to document management and execution of associated workflows.
- Provide support to producers and other account managers in sales and service campaigns, compiling and analyzing data, and renewal activity tracking.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Manage team queue of client renewals and servicing and identify problems to management.
- Maintain professional presence presenting information to clients (via phone, web, and in-person).
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to 45% of the time.
- Maintain an active California P&C insurance license.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.