Executive Assistant, Operations
Western Growers Assurance Trust (WGAT) was founded in 1957 to provide a solution to a need in the agricultural community — a need for employer-sponsored health benefit plans not previously available from commercial health insurance carriers. WGAT is now the largest provider of health benefits for the agriculture industry. The sponsoring organization of WGAT is Western Growers Association, created in 1926 to support the business interests of employers inthe agriculture industry. WGAT’s headquarters is located in Irvine, California.
WGAT’s mission is to deliver value to agriculture-based employer groups by offering robust health plans that meet the needs of a diverse workforce. By working at WGAT, you will join a dedicated team of employees who truly care about offering quality health benefits and excellent customer service to plan participants. If you want to start making a difference working in the health care industry, then apply to WGAT today!
To learn more watch our Company Video!
J OB D E S C RI P T I O N S UM M A R Y
A high-level position that provides executive administrative support for the Vice President of Operations. The Executive Assistant will consistently interface with Vice President of Operations direct reports and the various operational areas as needed. This position serves as the first point of contact for the Vice President of Operations on matters relative to the administration of various operational areas including assistance in managing incoming inquiries, scheduling, email filtering, time management and associated executive administrative duties ensuring all internal and external customers’ needs are met. This position is responsible for directing the numerous logistics involved in the smooth daily operation of WGAT by providing support to the leadership team, assisting in the management of business initiatives and liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
Q U AL I F I C ATI O N S
- Bachelor degree (BA/BS) in business, communications, or a related field or a minimum of six years’ experience in executive level administration in a mid to large sized operation required. Prior experience in the health benefits arena, a plus.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize (equally competing demands), organize resources, set expectations and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Exceptional communication, strong writing and customer service skills in a fast-paced and high energy environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize equally competing demands, organize resources, set expectations and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Advanced computer literacy, including MS Office Suite.
- Highly skilled at responding to requests expeditiously throughout the day, as required.
- Demonstrated ability maintaining and monitoring projects, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Ability to problem-solve, perform quantitative and qualitative research and possess quality analytical skills.
- Experienced in thinking critically, self-starting projects and tasks and working independently in a cross- functional team environment.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. (mainly local and California) less than 5% of the time
D U T I ES A ND R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
- Manage the Vice President of Operations’ complex calendaring and e-mail needs. This requires scheduling meetings, preparing the necessary meeting agendas, materials and minutes as well as coordinating with internal and external clients.
- Successfully draft, formulate and enhance communications on behalf of the Vice President of Operations.
- Prepare expense report for review and approval as well as review VP’s direct reports expenses.
- Serve as department liaison between the Vice President of Operations, his or her direct management, line staff, and vendors.
- Create ad-hoc reports for department leadership and management as needed.
- Assist Vice President of Operations, his direct reports, and line staff in the documentation of programs and processes.
- Create and/or enhance company request for proposals (RFP) for perspective company bids. This includes locating new potential vendors for streamlining company processes.
- Process department invoicing for Executives approval. Manage and maintain all invoices sent to Accounts Payable Department. This includes: managing "aged" payable reconciliation for vendors, completing new credit applications for vendors, maintaining comprehensive filing system and organizing electronic documents.
- Manage and support all annual review of department budget drafts, including management and scheduling department training.
- Facilitate communication with interdepartmental teams to ensure clear communication is occurring at all levels.
- Manage internal ticketing systems. Submit, track and respond to work order requests including following up with users on the status of their inquiries, obtaining additional clarification as necessary.
- Analyze and recommend ways to improve the communication between the operational departments and their customers.
- Manage, prepare and reconcile expense reports for submission to accounting using the Commercial Expense Reporting (CCER) online system and check requests.
- Order supplies for the department ensuring conference room(s) are clean and stocked with the necessary food and beverages for both internal and external customers.
Project Facilitation & Reporting
- Interface between the programming staff and the end user, following up and documenting project business requirements.
- Update and maintain all company-wide Operations policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain Companies annual SSAE-18 Type 2/SOC and HITRUST company audits, including project management, deadline management and answering audit questions on samples. Full audit cycle support needed to ensure timely completion.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Operations to prepare documentation as needed for all the entities audits conducted throughout the year.
- Facilitate communication within various project teams to ensure that all portions of projects are being addressed in a timely fashion.
- Participate in project teams to assist in the development, management, and implementation of company initiatives.
- Coordinate internal and external resource meetings to develop project scopes, objectives, feasibility and timelines.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain milestones are being met appropriately.
- Support in the creation of documentation, templates and reports.
- Analyze data to address operational challenges.
- Provide regular project status reports to management and report any schedule variances.
- Maintain relationships and contact information with vendors for the Vice President of Operations, ensuring positive relations are being maintained, issues are being escalated when needed and follow up on resolutions as directed by the Vice President of Operations.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the U.S. (mainly local and California) less than 5% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.
P H YS I C A L D EM A N D S / W O RK E N V I RO N M E N T
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.