Manager, Health and Wellness
Job Description Summary
Reports to the Vice President of Health Management. This position manages and administers policies, programs, challenges and educational campaigns to promote our health management and wellness programs to employers and their employee populations. They are responsible for the coordination, design management, and support of Pinnacle Health Management’s initiatives as well as developing innovative approaches to corporate health and wellness. Managing these programs requires a keen business sense and knowledge of effective participant recruitment strategies to ensure the most valuable outcomes. Position has direct supervisory responsibilities for up to two (2) direct reports, a Program Coordinator and a Care Coordinator.
- BA/BS degree (or higher) in business, health care management, or a related field and/or a minimum of three to five years’ experience with progressive responsibility in health care benefits
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations surrounding bona-fide wellness and health management programs.
- Extensive knowledge in the health and wellness field and the advanced ability to design, develop, manage and evaluate consumerism, health management and wellness programs
- 3+ years of management experience, with proven leadership track
- Exceptional in-depth knowledge of wellness programs and health care administration products and procedures including self-funded and fully insured
- Related fitness and/or nutrition certifications a plus and current on wellness and wellbeing
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage staff, finances and other resources
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyze and document complex business
- Strong analytical and reporting
- Requires high level of computer literacy, with the ability to use MS Office in the areas of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at an advance level.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with all levels of customers, employees, and
- Must have the ability to travel to prospective and existing clients, members and providers on an occasional basis.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to 20% of the
Duties And Responsibilities
Management & Leadership
- Management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Maintains strong knowledge of program and client-specific needs and train/ educate staff
- Provides guidance and support to staff including all necessary training for the on-going development of job-specific
- Develop, manage, and lead a team of 3A+ self-accountable
- Develop a culture of real, personal accountability by modeling the behavior that defines
- Instill a culture of safety and expectation, within your respective area/s.
- Require direct reports to hold themselves accountable to high standards of, performance and personal conduct, in a clear, helpful, straightforward
- Conduct one-on-one conversations with every direct report, on a quarterly basis, focused on their 3A+ capabilities, impact and effort.
- Make decisions and choices, impacting staff, by using the: selection and hiring, clarifying roles and objectives, managing performance, correction & discipline and termination steps as outlined in the “Outward Mindset Skills for Leaders”
- Oversee development of tactical and strategic products, services and/or programs to support department’s goals (financial, quality, production, customer service, operational efficiency, etc.)
- Develop, implement, and evaluate yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/service offerings, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy.
- Monitor business needs. Create, develop, enhance and document processes and procedures.
- Develop, coordinate, manage and maintain total wellbeing programming to reduce health risk, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Manage all aspects of multiple external vendor relationships that complement the company’s wellness and health management initiatives.
- Oversee, implement and report outcomes for health education programs and activities.
- Accountable for achieving established outcomes goals relative to health management and wellness programs.
- Oversee, analyze and update as necessary detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses on program metrics to effectively report service line impact and risks to clients to continually demonstrate value
- Responsible for the overall timely completion and submission of all reports as required (budget, member retention, data & outcomes reporting.) to measure program success
- Monitor and track savings. Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly savings reports for the Trustees. Present findings and work with leadership to identify and implement strategies that will address tactical and strategic goals.
- Oversee coordination and execution of campaigns, events and communications to maximize engagement.
- Assist with development of creative and engaging marketing materials to promote programs, challenges and events.
- Manage and track monthly billings.
- Provide counseling and/or other direct services to clients as appropriate.
- Work with vendors and other HR associates to administer wellness and health management programs.
- Answer member questions regarding benefits and wellness program.
- Strategically support clients as needed to ensure coordinated delivery of services and customer satisfaction.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the US (mainly California and Arizona) up to 20% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.