Job Description Summary
Position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and supports the mission of Western Growers brand growth. In collaboration with integrated marketing efforts, the Creative Director will develop and execute conceptual creative marketing strategies to increase brand awareness, opportunity, visibility and member engagement across online, properties – including planning, execution, performance measurement, ongoing management and optimization of all owned, earned and paid digital marketing channels and assets. The Creative Director will be tasked with working alongside the Director of Marketing to create, implement and collaborate with the marketing team to execute creative concepts and strategies through production.
- BA/BS degree in related field and eight to ten years in creative art direction creative strategy preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills.
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills with a proven record of measurable results.
- Proven success in managing creative teams and the creative process with proven results.
- Portfolio of previous work that showcases turning “ideas” into executable creative campaigns.
- Advanced knowledge of design and creative programs (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the marketing, design, and creative process.
- Knowledge of print, digital, and social media applications and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities.
Creative Direction and Strategy
- Actively partner with marketing leadership team to facilitate the development and execution of creative concepts from conceptualization through final development.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to engage WG departments on their business needs in an effort to develop creative strategies and concepts to accomplish objectives.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to determine the necessary creative assets to grow the WG brand across multiple platforms and executions (print, digital, social, etc.) and how they apply for best success.
- Develop and execute strategic creative marketing campaigns to support department and company strategic initiatives.
- Clearly communicate creative strategies and concepts to all levels of the marketing and work to direct cohesive execution across both digital and non-digital efforts.
Creative Management and Quality Control
- Direct all creative executions to meet the standards of the WG brand.
- Provide knowledge and guidance to junior staff on recommended creative concept execution through production.
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of creative collaboration, ideation and execution.
- Have a “finger on the pulse” of creative trends and recommend creative solutions that keep WG at the forefront of brand execution.
- Supervise the relationships with outside agency resources to direct and ensure the WG brand remains consistent with the current and approved style guide and brand architecture.
- Oversee the implementation of approved creative concepts through multiple channels of messaging and ensure consistency.
Creative Leadership & Development
- Show command of the established WG brand and develop high-level strategies with the Director of Marketing to ensure consistent execution.
- Communicate and work with marketing account executives to enhance creative process knowledge and contribute to the continual development of the marketing team.
- Direct marketing team and internal WG contributors on creative best practices for the WG brand.
- Actively investigate and implement new tools, platforms, and resources to support the continued evolution of creative products. Review existing creative workflows and promote optimizations.
- Ensure adaptability, change and evolution of WG creative best practices and newly-developed brand standards within the marketing department and its deliverables.
- Identify creative educational opportunities for marketing team.
- Serve as the creative “voice” of the department on all conceptual and creative initiatives.
- Along with the Director of Marketing, present and position strategic creative opportunities and strategies to Senior Leadership.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Represent Western Growers and its respective departments to the highest level of brand and communication standards.
- Have a passion for keeping our “finger on the pulse” of the creative world and opportunities by evaluating seminars, events, educational opportunities and recommending participation.
- Serve as the leader of all creative efforts and recommendations to help the growth and development of our WG departments.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to move around the office. The employee is frequently required to use tools, objects and controls. This noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.