Labor Services Coordinator
You spend more than half of your waking hours working. Make these precious, fleeting moments matter by working for an organization and a cause you can believe in.
Western Growers exists for one reason only: to ensure the future viability of its members – the hard-working, salt of the earth farmers who grow the fruits, vegetables and tree nuts that feed our nation and nourish our bodies. But their way of life, their ability to pass their multi-generational farms and family legacies on to their children and grandchildren, is being jeopardized by a host of threats, many of them beyond their control. They face a growing litany of laws and regulations that make it increasingly difficult and expensive to do business.
Our members depend on us to help them remain competitive and profitable in spite of these trying circumstances, which we do by fighting – heart and soul – for them every single day. We passionately advocate for them in the halls of Congress and on the steps of the state capitol. We actively facilitate the advancement of technology designed to help them become more efficient and less dependent on diminishing resources. We diligently provide health insurance to their farm workers, as well as other insurance solutions tailored to the unique business. We do all of this, and more, from a position of leadership in the agriculture industry, which requires a team of intelligent, inquisitive and innovative individuals sold out for our common purpose.
To learn more watch our Company Video!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position reports to the Vice President and General Counsel and is responsible for preparing, submitting, filing and tracking H-2A visa related forms and documents; invoicing and client support.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years administrative experience preferred.
- Paralegal certificate
- Immigration-related paralegal or legal secretarial experience,
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills, able to prioritize assignments and competing deadlines in a fast-paced
- Strong ability to work efficiently and effectively in a multiple task, multi-project and multi-demanding environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and multi-task with little
- Can manage and organize work economically and efficiently, establish priorities and maintain good interpersonal relations and communications with clients and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate frequently with clients and prospective clients who have inquiries about the H-2A visa process. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these
- Conduct new client intake and follow-up to obtain signed documents, agreements and related forms necessary to initiate an H-2A
- Keep clients informed with timely case status
- Prepare check requests to advance funds on clients’
- Generate and timely issue invoices for services and reimbursement to clients.
Drafting and Submitting Documents
- Prepare for attorney review and timely submit job order to State Workforce Agency (SWA).
- Prepare for attorney review and timely submit application for temporary labor certification to U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).
- Prepare petition for non-immigrant visa for attorney review and submit to United States Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Liaise with Government Representatives and Vendors
- Interface confidently and professionally with state government representatives and
- Prepare responses to SWA/DOL/USCIS inquiries, notices of deficiency and requests for evidence and information.
- Prepare and submit recruitment
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering
- All other duties as
P HY S I C AL D E MA N D S /W O RK E N V I R O N ME N T
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to move around the office. The employee is frequently required to use tools, objects and controls. This noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.