You spend more than half of your waking hours working. Make these precious, fleeting moments matter by working for an organization and a cause you can believe in.
Western Growers exists for one reason only: to ensure the future viability of its members – the hard-working, salt of the earth farmers who grow the fruits, vegetables and tree nuts that feed our nation and nourish our bodies. But their way of life, their ability to pass their multi-generational farms and family legacies on to their children and grandchildren, is being jeopardized by a host of threats, many of them beyond their control. They face a growing litany of laws and regulations that make it increasingly difficult and expensive to do business.
Our members depend on us to help them remain competitive and profitable in spite of these trying circumstances, which we do by fighting – heart, and soul – for them every single day. We passionately advocate for them in the halls of Congress and on the steps of the state capitol. We actively facilitate the advancement of technology designed to help them become more efficient and less dependent on diminishing resources. We diligently provide health insurance to their farmworkers, as well as other insurance solutions tailored to the unique business. We do all of this, and more, from a position of leadership in the agriculture industry, which requires a team of intelligent, inquisitive and innovative individuals sold out for our common purpose.
To learn more watch our Company Video!
Job Description Summary
This position reports to the Supervisor of PC Support. The incumbent will provide phone, computer, printer, and network hardware/software technical support including training, installation, and configuration along with troubleshooting in a 400 plus user LAN/WAN environment. This position will also provide backup to midrange computer operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Information Technology field.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience supporting and managing Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 and later, Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365 in an enterprise environment.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and other Microsoft products.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer network infrastructure (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP).
- Proficiency with Lync, Skype for Business and/or Microsoft Teams.
- Familiarity the DOS (command line), PowerShell, and basic scripting
- Network+ or A+ Certification is preferred.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with users at all levels.
- Capability to work with minimal supervision.
- Effectively complete repairs unsupervised.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. up to 10% of time.
Duties And Responsibilities
Provide Technical Support
- Deliver excellent customer service while providing technical support to more than 400 employees.
- Install/troubleshoot personal computer hardware.
- Install/troubleshoot/support personal computer software.
- Assist with Windows operating systems and Microsoft applications.
- Collaborate with others to resolve technology issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network communication problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems for users.
- Assist with backup operations/data center.
- Assist with the installation and configuration of new servers, switches and other equipment.
- Monitor system performance to ensure proper operation.
Data / Inventory Management
- Securely maintain all inventory and support documentation, files and logs.
- Accept, update and resolve work orders assigned in the company helpdesk system.
- Track all time and update work orders in help desk system on a daily basis.
- Assist in the Active Directory, HITRUST and SOC 2 audits as needed.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant workstation and utilize appropriate security techniques to ensure HIPAA required protection of all confidential/protected client and enrollee data.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to 10% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.