You spend more than half of your waking hours working. Make these precious, fleeting moments matter by working for an organization and a cause you can believe in.
Western Growers exists for one reason only: to ensure the future viability of its members – the hard-working, salt of the earth farmers who grow the fruits, vegetables and tree nuts that feed our nation and nourish our bodies. But their way of life, their ability to pass their multi-generational farms and family legacies on to their children and grandchildren, is being jeopardized by a host of threats, many of them beyond their control. They face a growing litany of laws and regulations that make it increasingly difficult and expensive to do business.
Our members depend on us to help them remain competitive and profitable in spite of these trying circumstances, which we do by fighting – heart and soul – for them every single day. We passionately advocate for them in the halls of Congress and on the steps of the state capitol. We actively facilitate the advancement of technology designed to help them become more efficient and less dependent on diminishing resources. We diligently provide health insurance to their farm workers, as well as other insurance solutions tailored to the unique business. We do all of this, and more, from a position of leadership in the agriculture industry, which requires a team of intelligent, inquisitive and innovative individuals sold out for our common purpose.
J O B D E S C R I P T I O N S U M M A R Y
This position reports directly to the Director of Organizational Development & Effectiveness. This role will be responsible for supporting the organization’s talent acquisition life cycle, which consists of branding, sourcing, and candidate experience. Responsibilities of this position will also include, screening resumes, scheduling and facilitating interviews with candidates, job offers, assisting new hires with paperwork, and supporting onboarding strategies.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources (HR) or related discipline and two (2) to four (4) years of direct experience working as a full-cycle recruiting coordinator in a high volume recruitment environment or six (6) years of direct experience as a Human Resources Coordinator in a mid-sized company.
- Moderate knowledge of California employment laws, fair hiring, and other human resource compliance issues.
- Vast experience working with social media, job placement agencies, outside recruiters, and online job search engines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of staff.
- Strong ability to work independently and efficiently in a multi-project, high paced environment.
- High level of organization and attention to detail with strong ethics to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficient in end-user software programs (e.g., word-processing, spreadsheet software, applicant tracking systems, and human resources information systems).
- Experience working in applicant tracking systems (ATS). Jobvite knowledge a plus.
- Experience scheduling and managing multiple calendars on tight deadlines.
Duties And Responsibilities
Administrative & Reporting
- Assist recruitment with creating job descriptions, posting requisitions, and acquiring approvals.
- Provide administrative support to Recruiter, including creating offer letters and new hire packets.
- Manage candidate engagement during the entire recruitment cycle.
- Complete and regularly update data entry of candidates contact information, documentation, interview notes and communications with candidates.
- Update and maintain all recruiting reports and metrics dashboard.
- Apply HR recruiting best practices and ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws.
- Keep internal managers informed about the status of open positions.
- Book travel and disseminate both travel and interview details to candidates and hiring manager and manage candidate expense reimbursements if applicable.
- Work directly with the Recruiter to call on potential job candidates, conduct initial phone screen, arrange interview appointments, facilitate pre-employment background screening, and drug testing, and send interview confirmations and notices.
- Prescreen candidate applications and assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes.
- Collaborate with the talent acquisition team to improve existing processes or create new ones.
- Process new hire files and other administrative recruiting work.
- Assist new hires with new hire paperwork, review I-9s, and process E-Verify.
- Foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates.
- Coordinate interview scheduling between applicants and hiring managers and send out interview confirmation emails to candidates.
- Meet and greet candidates and escort them to the interview location (or assist virtually); facilitate tests, tours, and breaks.
- Act as a point of contact and build candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Collaborate with the recruiter to create a strategic approach to employer branding.
- Support the use of traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc.
- Participate in events to boost the company’s reputation and grow our talent pipeline.
- Assist in the development of advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility, and stay up-to-date with current recruiting methods.
- Utilize all capabilities to achieve results, be curious and strive to understand what others are trying to achieve, plan and execute work in a helpful and collaborative manner, be willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, be self-accountable, create positive impact, and be diligent in delivering results.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to move around the office. The employee is often required to use tools, objects, and controls. This noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.