Business Development Specialist
Looking for a job that positively impacts employees’ lives?
Imagine the personal satisfaction of knowing that the work you do makes a difference. Working in the health benefits industry means your daily efforts go toward ensuring that employees and their family members have access to health care and medications when they need it. For 25 years, Pinnacle Claims Management has been providing administrative services and affordable health benefit solutions to employers, keeping their employees and businesses thriving. Under the “Pinnacle” brand, we offer benefits administration, health management services, pharmacy benefit management, general underwriting and print and transaction solutions. When you work for one of our Pinnacle-branded companies, you will join a team of caring professionals who are committed to serving our clients in a variety of capacities including claims management, customer service, account management, enrollment and eligibility, finance, reporting and analytics and more. We serve a number of industries including school districts, municipalities and manufacturers.
But wait, there’s more!
As a Pinnacle employee, your focus will always be to ultimately serve our valued clients. For your efforts, we offer career stability, a competitive salary, friendly staff and a pleasant work environment. You will be part of the dynamic health benefits industry and work alongside other compassionate hardworking people who are committed to applying their talents to serving our clients. When you join a Pinnacle-branded company, you become part of an even larger organization – the Western Growers Family of Companies, a California-based entity that has been around for nearly 100 years.
J O B D E S C R I P T I O N S U M M A R Y
This position reports to the Director of Sales and is responsible for facilitating quotes and proposals, managing reinsurance relationships, overseeing and maintaining the pricing sheet for networks, vendors and various products and services, as well as maintain an effective tracking system for Pinnacle Claims Management, Inc. (PCMI) and its affiliated business lines. This person would work closely with the Regional Sales Managers and Account Managers on new business opportunities. The ideal incumbent is a team-oriented, insightful individual who is excited to support team members by cultivating and assisting with execution of successful business strategy for the company’s continued growth. This role will manage both our existing sales pipeline and develop new business opportunities. Incumbent will take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships.
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
- BA/BS in marketing, business or communications or related field, or, 1 to 3 years of direct experience in a TPA organization or employer health benefits preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities
- Self-motivated, organized and effective in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Active Life and Health license a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically, be a problem solver and handle ambiguity;
- Strong communicator that presents information accurately and clearly;
- Impeccable organizational skills and time management;
- A trusted partner who can work on behalf of PCMI leadership on a department wide scale;
- Experience with funneling, filtering and facilitating work on department wide scale;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and foster collaboration internally and externally
- Ability to create effective relationships and influence & collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels;
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with limited resources;
- Proven project management abilities –including experience with managing time and tasks management, delegating assignments, and working collaboratively to meet deadlines and budget requirements;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to present new ideas to leadership to improve upon existing corporate strategies;
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the United States (mainly CA and AZ), less than 5% of the time.
D U T I E S A N D R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
Support and Service Accounts.
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed request for proposal (RFP) requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources.
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy.
- Assist with the implementation of new group sales as directed by
- Facilitate the quoting and delivery of new business with brokers and upselling opportunities with our Account Management team.
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis for proactive bids and proposals.
- Create and develop customer awareness programs for clients’ products or services with the marketing and communications team.
- Work closely with PCMI’s internal departments to ensure submission of billed rates for new business.
Manage Reinsurance Relationships
- Establish and maintain override contracts with reinsurance
- Work with each of our preferred reinsurance vendors to ensure they receive detailed bid specifications on new business and upsell opportunities.
- Maintain reinsurance book of business to maximize profitability for
Maintain an Effective Reporting System
- Update the sales pipeline on a daily basis.
- Prepare for broker meetings by planning, prepping, developing agendas, PowerPoint presentations and handouts as
- Ensure the delivery of meaningful, relevant, well-constructed and error-free work that meets deadlines and supports client, company, manager or team objectives and
- Assist in driving growth, by assessing and reporting performance objectives and making improvements as
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- All other duties as
P H Y S I C A L D E M A N D S /W O R K E N V I R O N M E N T
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.