Project Manager, Information Services
Job Description Summary
This position reports directly to the Business Continuity Administrator. The Project Manager I will manage and oversee all aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. This individual is responsible for managing the scope, cost, schedule, outside vendors and contractual deliverables. The Project Manager I has the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing process of each project. They are also responsible for ensuring compliance with our organization’s standards relative to quality and sustainability. This position will also coordinate activities ensuring efficient streamlined processes and procedures. The Project Manager I will be required to perform administrative project support as required.
- BA/BS degree in Management, Business, Project Management or a related field and three years plus of project management level experience preferred.
- Valid Project Management certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Project, experience with other Microsoft Office Suite products, and high degree of comfort and learning new technologies and systems.
- Proven project management and self-management skills; self-motivated and proactive individual.
- Proven experience in project documentation (Charters, Requirements gathering, Work Breakdown Structure, Risk Management plans, Monitoring and Reporting, etc.)
- Exceptional communicator (both written and spoken) with quality comprehension skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand project financials, profit and loss, and the ability to create, adhere to, and report on, a project budget.
- Highly organized, analytical and ability to motivate and manage others while working in a Project Team environment. (Project Coordinators, Program Manager, etc.)
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize (equally competing demands), organize resources, set expectations with the working teams as well as leadership, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization, both independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent time management skills, solutions-oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible.
- Good understanding of health care insurance practices and policies and employee benefits products and services.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to 5% of the time.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and implementation of project(s) throughout the project lifecycle, initiation through closure.
- Create and maintain documentation (Project Plans, Requirements, Reports, Risk Management, etc.)
- Manage project budget, project plan, project trackers and project timelines as required to deliver projects on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties/vendors to ensure all aspects of the project are on time and meet agreed upon deliverables.
- Coordinate with the appropriate manager on selecting staff with appropriate skills for the project activities and lead group to ensure project completion.
- Own and resolve any issues that arise during the project and drive project momentum.
- Coordinate full Risk Management plan including but not limited to: Risk Register, Risk Responses, and Risk Analysis.
- Communicate Project expectations to partners and team, gaining acceptance and accomplishing customers’ business objectives.
- Establish a communication plan and associated schedules to update stakeholders on the progress of the project.
- Produce status reports for management and present these results during scheduled stakeholder meetings.
- Measures project performance and generate supporting reports.
- Utilize experience to make recommendations during project development that will include best practices.
- Report schedule changes and actively manage the scheduled tasks with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides regular scheduled project status reports to Stakeholders.
- Organize and distribute project correspondence, reports, memos, etc.
- Document meeting agenda for the project team, and record, in writing, important decisions and action items.
- Solicit clarification from meeting participants in real-time as needed.
Process Improvement Project Support
- Project advisor, offering solution-design support and best practices for process management.
- Assist business units in documenting workflows and process steps in correspondence with design and business requirements as needed.
- Support in the execution of process improvement solutions to business problems.
- Train various operational departments on project items as needed.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to 5% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to travel to both indoor and outdoor areas that can vary in exposure and temperature. The employee is frequently required to operate a motor vehicle, use objects, tools, or controls, and/or required to lift up to 50lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.