Project Manager, Information Services
You spend more than half of your waking hours working. Make these precious, fleeting moments matter by working for an organization and a cause you can believe in.
Western Growers exists for one reason only: to ensure the future viability of its members – the hard-working, salt of the earth farmers who grow the fruits, vegetables and tree nuts that feed our nation and nourish our bodies. But their way of life, their ability to pass their multi-generational farms and family legacies on to their children and grandchildren, is being jeopardized by a host of threats, many of them beyond their control. They face a growing litany of laws and regulations that make it increasingly difficult and expensive to do business.
Our members depend on us to help them remain competitive and profitable in spite of these trying circumstances, which we do by fighting – heart and soul – for them every single day. We passionately advocate for them in the halls of Congress and on the steps of the state capitol. We actively facilitate the advancement of technology designed to help them become more efficient and less dependent on diminishing resources. We diligently provide health insurance to their farm workers, as well as other insurance solutions tailored to the unique business. We do all of this, and more, from a position of leadership in the agriculture industry, which requires a team of intelligent, inquisitive and innovative individuals sold out for our common purpose.
To learn more watch our Company Video!
Job Description Summary
This position reports to the Director of Information Services and is responsible for coordinating and managing projects to completion across various IT and operational areas. They are also responsible for defining performance and measuring results and assisting with the management of vendors and service provider relationships. Responsibilities will also include presentations to management regarding updates, cycles, results and project status.
- BS in Computer Science networking or related fields or PMP Certified and minimum 3 years IT project management experience in corporate environment and a minimum 2 years of experience User Acceptance Test plans/scripts.
- Authoritative knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Proven experience in project documentation (charters, requirement & design docs, test plans, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Project, experience with other Microsoft Office Suite products, and high degree of comfort learning new technologies and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of English and ability to research and thus write reports or other documents typical in a business environment.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work. This includes the development of specific goals to prioritize, organize and accomplish duties and responsibilities, as well as the use of critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and detail oriented.
- Exceptional ability in developing constructive and cooperative working relationships as well as coordinating efforts and priorities with competing demands.
- Broad knowledge of corporate tech environment including Programming, WAN, LAN, ERP networks, hardware, etc.
- Good understanding of health care insurance practices and policies and employee benefits products and services.
- Strong ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. up to 15% of time.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and implementation of project(s) throughout the project lifecycle, initiation through closure.
- Create and maintain documentation (project plans, requirements, design, test and UAT plans, etc.)
- Manage project budget, resource allocation, project plan, project trackers and project timelines as required Deliver projects on-time, within scope and budget.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties/vendors to ensure all aspects of the project are on target and meet agreed upon deliverables.
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities and lead group to ensure project completion.
- Own and resolve any issues that arise during the project and drive risk mitigation.
- Communicate expectations to partners and team, gaining acceptance and accomplishing customers’ business objectives.
- Establish communication schedules to update stakeholders on the progress of the project.
- Produce status reports on all IT projects for management and present these results during regular stakeholder meetings.
- Measures project performance and generate supporting reports.
- Assist external departments with formulating their project needs for the IT department.
- Utilize your experience and make recommendations during project development that will include best practices.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the US (mainly California and Arizona) up to 15 % of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.