Western Growers Insurance Services is a full service insurance agency providing insurance products and services tailored specifically for the agricultural industry and beyond. We are committed to understanding our customer’s insurance needs and providing them with exceptional service, professional advice, and high quality products at affordable prices. www.wgis.com
Job Description Summary
The Sales Executive (SE) reports to the Director, Employee Benefit Sales WGIS. The SE is responsible for brokering Employee Benefit (EB) insurance products to new or existing customer base. The SE is expected to partner with production, service, and resource professionals working towards a unified WGIS team.
- BS/BA degree preferred and five years of prior successful insurance new sales experience required.
- The appropriate States’ Department of Insurance license(s) is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of how insurance products are presented, described, financed, purchased and delivered.
- Proven ability to influence company decision makers i.e. principals/owners, chief executives, chief financial officers, human resources management etc. to purchase insurance.
- Strong skills in end-user MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SalesForce, and other systems containing prospect and client information.
- Extensive knowledge of how organizations (e.g., employers, purchasing coalitions, etc.) purchase EB products and services.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; strong ability to communicate complex concepts to staff members and C-level customers.
- Agriculture or related industry experience helpful.
- Ability to plan work strategically by locating and pursuing new business opportunities.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S (mainly CA and AZ) up to 70%
Duties And Responsibilities
- Sell various types of EB plans, TPA services, and similar vendor products to meet and exceed new sales goals.
- Seek out new customers by developing opportunities through networking, cold calling and seminars to generate “warm-leads” or prospects.
- Understand and own the WGIS sales process
- Interface regularly with WG resources by providing accurate prospect information and ascertain best customer rates and/or products. Work with carriers and markets to determine the best product in the customer’s interest/needs.
- Lead presentations to C-level audiences.
- Design and negotiate best coverage terms, conditions and pricing.
- Meet minimum call, appointment, and presentation frequency expectations as outlined and agreed to.
- Seek out and sell new Western Growers memberships.
- Broker consultant / relationship manager between WGIS and the client.
- Orchestrate strategic and tactical execution of account planning and development.
- Execute the WGIS renewal strategy
- Ensure accounts are exposed to all WGA and WGIS offerings.
- Develop and grow C-Suite and decision maker relationships within accounts.
- Identify and enlist the help of internal and external resources/staff for account retention.
- Cross-sell other WG products and services to seek a level of penetration in each account relationship.
- Build a book of business through the aggressive retention of sold accounts.
- Transmit marketing and sales intelligence relating to competition and changes in the marketplace.
- Adopt and fully use the appropriate relationship management systems.
- Maintain a regular course of self-improvement to satisfy licensing continuing education requirements and increase professional job knowledge.
- Plan and execute work in a helpful and collaborative manner.
- Maintain awareness of competitive activities and opportunities.
- Understand the WGIS compensation model.
- Understand and articulate the Western Growers story.
- Participate as a leader to internal and external clients.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning, and executing work helpfully and collaboratively. Be willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating a positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain a valid Life and Health License for the appropriate state.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the US (mainly California and Arizona) up to 70%.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to travel to both indoor and outdoor areas that can vary in exposure and temperature. The employee is frequently required to operate a motor vehicle, use objects, tools, or controls, and/or required to lift up to 50lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.