Senior Marketing Coordinator
You spend more than half of your waking hours working. Make these precious, fleeting moments matter by working for an organization and a cause you can believe in.
Western Growers exists for one reason only: to ensure the future viability of its members – the hard-working, salt of the earth farmers who grow the fruits, vegetables and tree nuts that feed our nation and nourish our bodies. But their way of life, their ability to pass their multi-generational farms and family legacies on to their children and grandchildren, is being jeopardized by a host of threats, many of them beyond their control. They face a growing litany of laws and regulations that make it increasingly difficult and expensive to do business.
Our members depend on us to help them remain competitive and profitable in spite of these trying circumstances, which we do by fighting – heart and soul – for them every single day. We passionately advocate for them in the halls of Congress and on the steps of the state capitol. We actively facilitate the advancement of technology designed to help them become more efficient and less dependent on diminishing resources. We diligently provide health insurance to their farm workers, as well as other insurance solutions tailored to the unique business. We do all of this, and more, from a position of leadership in the agriculture industry, which requires a team of intelligent, inquisitive and innovative individuals sold out for our common purpose.
Job Description Summary
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the Senior Marketing Coordinator is responsible for working with the marketing team to develop, implement, and assess the strategic marketing plans for Western Growers Family of Companies. They also manage internal client accounts and act as a link between those accounts and the Marketing department. The Senior Marketing Coordinator’s work will be essential to ensure client satisfaction.
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, or related field and three years of experience in the MARCOM, marketing or communications industry is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to utilize integrated marketing tactics to target various consumer segments, to increase brand awareness and to generate sales leads;
- Ability to think analytically and be a strategic problem solver;
- Experience at creating unique, brand-focused content and marketing materials;
- Proven project management abilities –including time and task management, delegating assignments, and working collaboratively to meet deadlines and budget requirements;
- Strong ability to contribute innovative solutions to marketing and sales challenges;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to present new ideas to leadership to improve upon existing corporate strategies;
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, web content management systems and databases;
- Functional knowledge of email marketing, content management systems (Marketo, WordPress, Drupal), SEO, graphic design, social media, and digital analytics platforms;
- Self-motivated, organized and effective in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated level of professionalism in providing support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to 5% of time.
Duties And Responsibilities
Implement Marketing Strategy
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all assigned internal client marketing matters. This includes, but is not limited to, consultation on the development and execution of marketing plans, tactical efforts, and sales enablement support.
- Develop an understanding of assigned internal clients’ business model and their target audience.
- Write creative and project briefs and conference reports).
- Evaluate creative work and provide feedback for revisions as needed and within brand and project strategy standards while balancing agreed upon scope of work.
- Participate in the development of client marketing and advertising strategies.
- Communicate regularly with Director, Marketing on project status, client issues/wins, and initiatives.
- Work with internal clients to establish and document S.M.A.R.T. marketing goals.
- Forecast and track key account metrics and prepare reports on status for client and management.
- Regularly review results with internal clients and Director, Marketing and adjust efforts as needed to achieve (and exceed) goals. Document recommendations.
- Set up campaign reporting, monitor campaign success, recommend strategies to optimize conversion rates, and execute testing.
- Work with the Director, Marketing on strategic brand solutions for multiple departmental segments.
- Support the development of strategy to maintain consistency in messaging and collateral across all marketing activities.
- Ensure the delivery of relevant, well-constructed, and error-free work that meets established deadlines, supports goals and objectives, and is on brand.
- Perform due diligence, ensuring information is accurate and complete, meeting all project directives and commitments to internal client.
- Focus attention to detail by producing final material that is error free, showing no typos, faulty formatting, factual inaccuracies, or brand inconsistencies.
- Work efficiently to meet established deadlines that allow adequate time for supervisor and internal client to review and provide feedback.
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure campaigns are executed flawlessly.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Demonstrate professionalism, good judgment, initiative, and diplomacy in providing marketing support to internal clients and marketing team.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff and act as an ambassador of department and company.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to 5% of time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.