Regional Sales Executive
Job Description Summary
The Regional Sales Executive is responsible for a statewide new member and member retention targets in their assigned region. Activities related to achieving new customer accounts and maintaining customer accounts will be the focus of this role and will be responsible for achieving activity levels associated with the sales process. The RSE will meet and develop agent relationships in their pre-determined, respective regions. Following the initial contact, the RSE will nurture and maintain the agent relationships by providing product training and support for the agent sales force. This position reports to the Director of Sales & Eligibility for Covered California for Small Business (CCSB).
- BA/BS and minimum of three years of direct sales experience in selling small group fully-funded employee healthcare benefits preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in writing and verbally, particularly when presenting.
- Ability to present features and benefits of small group health benefits with a high degree of confidence and credibility.
- Proven record of managing sales pipeline and closing the sale.
- Solid and demonstrable knowledge of group health insurance benefits products and services.
- Experience working with licensed agents; contacts in the agent community preferred.
- Strong confidence in developing new agent contacts and relationships.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, calendaring and presentation software.
- Possess an Active CA Accident and Health license.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. (mainly throughout California) up to 75% of the time.
Duties And Responsibilities
Sales, Growth, and Retention
- Obtain new customer accounts and maintain existing customer accounts.
- Meet annual individual and department sales goals.
- Recruit principal/ agents to increase sales production for CCSB Exchange, with limited direction from the Director of Sales & Eligibility.
- Design, create, conduct and oversee product and sales training, performance management and retention strategies.
- Provide ideas to help build operations infrastructure to support increased sales distribution channel and additional sales.
- Meet with Small Group agents and develop a sales pipeline for the CCSB Exchange; including visiting agent’s offices (e.g. scheduling and providing “lunch and learns” for their client’s employees).
- Develop a business plan identifying agent, projecting sales as defined by enrolled members / lives.
- Evaluate opportunities to leverage corporate marketing activities; capitalize on these.
- Promote CCSB Exchange at appropriate industry functions.
- Facilitate presentations and enrollments in tandem (or not) with respective agents and their clients.
- Provide after-the-sales training to instruct agent and/or small business owners/employees on how to access and utilize the CCSB Exchange.
- Obtain applications and employers’ censuses from agent; follow up on quotes and pending applications until sales cycle is completed.
- Submit regular reports relative to GA sales.
- Follow-up on leads and provide status reports.
- Complete monthly expense and appointment reports.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain an active CA Accident and Health license.
- Renew agent certification to sell CCSB annually or on an as needed basis.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the US (mainly California) up to 75% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.