Event Drafting Technician
Event Drafting Technician
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team:
Web Summit Live Events Team is central to creating world-class attendee experience on a global scale. Designers, event coordinators, producers, stage managers and many others work hand in hand to produce all elements from stages to exhibitions through to live operations and attendee experience for Web Summit, SURGE, RISE, f.ounders, Collision, MoneyConf and many more of our events round the world.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- Working in collaboration with internal stakeholders, as part of the Live Events Team, you’ll draft site layouts, including the individual component parts, such as: stages, lounges, partner stands, working areas and exhibitors. You'll turn design concept into working construction drawings
- You’ll own the site drawing and be “a source of truth” for all stakeholders who interact with the design of the site
- You’ll work across departments to ensure that individual support requirements as are being met
- You'll manage weekly drawing updates and the issuing of Event drawing packs
- You’ll work with our engineering and data science teams to build operational excellence through process improvement
- Your work will contribute to databases, operational systems, processes, budgets, scheduling and reporting
- You’ll find and present creative solutions to event requirements while working on multiple events across multiple countries simultaneously
Who you are:
- A high level of proficiency in 3D drawing and rendering
- Technical experience includes; AutoCAD 3D/Vectorworks Architect and or Spotlight/Revit
- Your attention to detail is exceptional.
- Good working knowledge around technical construction requirements, including load bearing capacity, fire safety requirements, etc.
- You have excellent drawing management protocols
- You appreciate the importance of quality administrative support to the team before and after events
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm are contagious and you have an abundance of both
- You’re a calm person, who stays level headed under pressure and loves a good challenge
- You’re a problem-solver with the analytical ability to think on your feet, react rapidly to situations, prioritise your workload and implement measures to improve procedures and workflows
- You’re flexible and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and to build and maintain long-lasting relationships
- You’re a confident and friendly person who cares deeply about the experience of attendees
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5 years drawing experience working either in a design house or event related business
- Comfortable working under pressure amending drawings in tight timeframes
- A clear understanding of the skills and temperament required to comprehend the process that achieves an end goal
- Portfolio of work required: needs to be submitted with application without breaching NDA of current or previous roles
- Strong administrative skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to develop and manage several projects concurrently while paying strict attention to detail and without losing focus
- Proven track record and experience working in fast paced environments and delivering on schedule
- Ambition and the ability to take the initiative to accomplish tasks
- Ability to act calmly and competently in high pressure, high stress situations
- You’re organized and meticulous and capable of re-prioritising as required
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports