In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of over 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
Our experienced & talented finance team is expanding! We are scaling our team ensuring we effectively support the business through our next phase of growth. Our focus is on balancing the agility necessary to operate in a high growth, rapidly changing environment with measured control and insightful decision making.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller who is looking for a challenge, knows how to scale a finance function and enjoys being at the heart of decision making.
What you’ll achieve:
- You’ll have responsibility & management of the Accounting Operations, Financial Reporting, Tax & Treasury functions.
- You’ll be an integral part of senior finance leadership, focussed on execution of group financial strategy, along with creating a culture that drives continuous improvement.
- You’ll provide leadership, clarity & guidance to the finance team, enabling the team to achieve its full potential & advance individual career paths.
- You’ll develop internal relationships and build the profile of the finance team across the organisation, demonstrating the value and support that can be delivered.
- You’ll have ownership & evolution of corporate, shareholding & tax structures along with identifying optimal structures for new markets.
- Continuous development of accounting processes, policies & control environment along with establishing an appropriate risk & governance framework
- You’ll be the main point of contact from a banking, compliance, tax & legal relationship perspective
- You’ll Own soft & hard close of month end processes along with financial year end.
- Development group treasury & FX policy and optimisation of working capital flows.
Who you are:
- You're a Qualified Accountant with relevant experience in a high growth organisation.
- You have a proven track record in providing impactful leadership that motivates & inspires your team.
- You enjoy taking responsibility & care deeply about accurate accounting processes and the quality of information provided.
- You'll have in-depth Financial, Tax & Treasury experience with an ability to identify solutions to complex & multiple jurisdictional issues.
- You'll have experience of managing a team actively driving change as you believe everything can be constantly improved.
- You can adapt to the needs of the organisation and have the strategic capability of assessing the future needs of the company.
- You keep up with the most recent developments regarding general accounting principles (i.e. IFRS, tax and legislation)
- You’re able to understand complex issues and lead the finance team towards the ideal solution
Skills and and abilities we're looking for:
- Candidates will be fully qualified as recognised by one of the Accountancy institutes ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA
- 3-5 years experience in a Financial Controller position required.
- Tax Knowledge and experience with International subsidiaries
- Strong IT skills with Salesforce being a big plus
- Experience in implementing processes, controls and improved efficiencies will be key.
- Previous experience in a growing tech company is desirable with a proven understanding of revenue recognition principles in the software industry.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.