In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team:
This team is at the heart of growth at Web Summit events. We deliver innovative and creative advertising over multiple ad platforms, educating and inspiring new and potential Web Summit attendees from across the world. The team work closely with Web Summit’s Data Science team building a new and unique approach to advertising. This approach has allowed Web Summit’s events to grow from 400 attendees in 2010, to over 100,000 in 2018.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll be driving traffic and conversions through advertising on our different channels (Facebook, Adwords, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- You’ll analyse data, produce reports and optimise campaigns accordingly.
- You’ll collaborate with the Data Science team to create and implement new and disruptive solutions to advertising.
- You’ll collaborate with the Growth and Content Marketing teams, integrating campaign strategies to deliver consistent messaging to our customers across the globe.
- You’ll also collaborate with such teams as startups, partnerships, investors, media and/or production to plan and implement campaign strategies for each attendee type.
- You’ll discover the importance of A/B testing and how it influences the decisions made by the entire team.
- You’ll be listened to. No matter how crazy your ideas seem, we are willing to hear your thoughts!
Who you are:
- You have a strong interest in digital marketing, advertising and content marketing but you're not just an advertiser, you're a creative individual in general.
- You’re naturally curious and want to experiment with new and creative ideas all the time.
- You’re data driven and enjoy working with numbers and spreadsheets.
- You’re inspired by technology and innovation, you can spot trends and keep up-to-date with the latest ideas in tech and marketing.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or relevant experience.
- Proven digital marketing knowledge/experience, including Facebook, Twitter and Google advertising - show us what you’ve done already!
- A motivated strategic thinker who appreciates the high degree of autonomy and responsibility but works really well in a team.
- A desire to be part of a fast and varied business environment where flexibility is a must and direction can change very quickly.
- A passion and curiosity for the tech world as well as digital and social media marketing.
- Photoshop and video editing skills, customer relationship experience, and fluency in other languages is an advantage.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.