Email Marketing Co-Ordinator
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team
You’ll join the email marketing team at Web Summit which develops and delivers best quality content across all of our websites. As part of the larger Content Marketing team, this cross-functional team has a unique structure and consists of creators, marketers and developers. The team liaises with almost every other department to discover and develop website content, marketing collateral, blogs, social feeds, video platforms and more, all done with an eye on innovation and editorial excellence.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll action email marketing campaigns and rollout customer acquisition plans.
- Supported by our Email Marketing Lead you’ll build an understanding of our customer base and their interests, and develop targeted, personalised strategies to reach each segment.
- You’ll work with various departments internally to help our company hit aggressive customer growth targets.
- You’ll support the build and implement complex automation workflows.
- You’ll analyse data and produce reports to help in the decision-making process.
- You’ll collaborate with the growth and data science teams in support of the implementation of new and disruptive email marketing techniques.
- You’ll run A/B testing of our messaging and use the results to inform our email marketing strategies.
Who you are:
- You’re data-driven with a strong interest in email marketing and the digital world in general.
- You’re passionate about email automation and are capable of designing, managing, and building complex automation workflows at scale.
- You’re a planner and are capable of executing on complex customer journeys.
- You're a creative individual but your communication is guided by data and you enjoy working with numbers and spreadsheets.
- You’re naturally curious and want to experiment with new and creative ideas all the time. You’re able to create content which marries images and words together in an attractive and eye-catching way.
- You’re an excellent communicator with an eye for detail.
- You have a good knowledge of online marketing and experience with different marketing tools.
- You’re inspired by technology and innovation, can spot trends and keep up-to-date with the latest ideas in technology and marketing.
- You’ll be a good listener.
- No matter how crazy the ideas are, you will be able to find creative ways to turn them into reality.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in email marketing, marketing communication, copywriting and marketing automation at scale.
- Excruciatingly good English.
- Able to write truly engaging content.
- Experience delivering to strict deadlines.
- A desire to be part of a fast and varied business environment where flexibility is a must and direction can change quickly.
- A passion and curiosity for the tech world as well as digital and social media marketing.
- Experience working with data and making sense of complex databases.
- Solid customer relationship experience.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.