Senior Broadcast Producer
In the words of Inc Magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team:
The Web Summit Live Events Analysis and Process Team is central to creating world-class attendee experience on a global scale. Working hand in hand with event coordinators, producers, and many others the team has responsibility for planning and delivering specific programmes such as event registration, volunteers and production logistics.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, including the Live Events, Content, Speakers and Syndication teams, you will have ownership of live broadcast across all our global events
- You’ll transform the quality of our video output from centre stage, both live and post-event, bringing new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table
- You’ll optimize our live relay screens in the arena while ensuring live broadcast formats and post-event video products are continuously developed and that content is to the highest of standards
- You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end production of live event broadcasts as well as leading and developing the broadcast production team
- You will collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop a broadcast vision and strategy that is aligned to organizational priorities and support the delivery of ready-for-market products
- You’ll collaborate with the production team on live broadcasts, providing comprehensive guidance and direction to the broadcast director regarding camera placement, event coverage and audio elements required (music, interviews, speaker-prep access, etc)
- You’ll develop foundation tech spec, camera set up and vision mixing protocol for all events and across all stages, creating briefing and quality control measures for all vision mixers and camera operators
Who you are:
- You know that details matter and your attention to detail is exceptional, allowing you to find and correct problems before they hit the air
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm are contagious and you have an abundance of both
- You’re a calm person who stays level-headed under pressure and loves a good challenge
- You’re a problem-solver with the analytical ability to think on your feet, react rapidly to situations, prioritise your workload and implement measures to improve procedures and workflows.
- You’re flexible and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and to build and maintain long-lasting relationships.
- You’ve experience operating and understanding studio cameras, production switchers, video routers, audio consoles and automation, intercom and graphics systems
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Proven track record as a broadcast producer creating and ensuring the flow of high-quality content within a live broadcast environment
- Strong people management experience and a passion for live broadcasts
- College or technical degree required in communications, broadcast or a related field
- Must be creative and able to think outside the box
- Strong administrative skills and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to act calmly and competently in high pressure, high-stress situations
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports