Head of Learning & Development
In the words of Inc Magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team
At Web Summit, our people are at the centre of everything we do. So it makes sense that our People Operations team (HR, Recruitment, Environment & L&D) are focussed on supporting everything they do by championing a diverse culture, nurturing learning and development, and finding the brightest minds to join us from around the world!
We attract world-class talent; develop and execute numerous projects designed to improve processes such as onboarding, learning, and development; provide strong administrative support to the rest of the business; or just add fun to our working lives!
This is a hands-on role which will suit someone who loves the idea of building programs from the ground up and works well in a collaborative team environment as you will be closely aligned with the HR and senior leadership team.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit
- You’ll lead the development and execution of our talent, learning and organisation effectiveness strategy globally.
- You’ll identify, design and facilitate learning programs which maximise the potential of our people.
- You’ll collaborate with stakeholders to ensure learning programs are meeting the business needs
- You’ll lead our approach to leadership development, succession planning, performance enhancement and talent management
- You’ll drive employee engagement and organisation design as we continue to grow.
- You’ll directly manage the L&D team - Bringing in, developing & supporting our Training Practitioners who will coach our salespeople, develop our leaders and plan & execute our training initiatives.
Who you are
- You've got a degree in HR, Business or Learning with 10+ years’ experience, preferably in a tech environment or startup business.
- You’ve extensive experience in creating and driving the talent & learning strategy connecting employee experience to business results.
- You've got a background in designing and facilitating learning programs while incorporating the latest learning trends and a range of learning media to ensure employee engagement and career development.
- You’ve excellent facilitation and coaching skills at all levels of the business.
- You’ve firsthand experience of managing a learning culture in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re collaborative by nature with the ability to draw on your business and HR partners for insights.
- You've got a strong business acumen and are a results-driven professional.
- You’re high energy, a passionate role model of our core values and a champion for employee experience.
- You’ve excellent project management expertise throughout the L&D lifecycle, from design and implementation to engagement and high adoption.
- You’re a curator of high-value content creation and execution across the business catering for all levels of employee experience.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for
- A Trainer and Coach of a wide range of professionals
- Builder of training processes & programs and open to forging an L&D team from the ground up
- A hands-on leader who brings their people with them
- Strategic thinking with a critical eye for identifying methods and areas for improvement
- A People manager with the ability to identify talent for development
- Significant attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Work across multiple teams and easily adapt to change
Be healthy, curious and social
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.