In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team
The Media team is at the centre of Web Summit, making sure that everyone knows about our events across the world. They are the gatekeepers of the Web Summit brand. They create innovative and unique campaigns to communicate Web Summit events and the company behind the events. They work with media from international outlets such as Wall Street Journal, CNBC, BBC on a daily basis, making sure that they have all the most up to date news from Web Summit events. They work closely with the marketing and speakers team to ensure that everything is aligned when it comes to communicating the brand to the world.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You'll work with our talented media team in coordinating world class events for our media partners
- You'll support team members in delivering high calibre experiences for over 2000 media.
- You’ll attend our conferences and assist the media team in facilitating our media partner needs.
- You’ll improve process and procedure in media administration, looking at automation and streamlining day to day tasks
- You'll manage updates to the media section of the Web Summit Media website.
- You'll be responsible for managing the logistics for our top tier media and ensuring their schedules are on point for the event.
- You'll manage the interview requests for our top speakers, investors and partners.
Who you are:
- A creative, confident, articulate individual who is a clear communicator and has excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and flexible who can work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- A strategic thinker with a proven track record of planning, executing and evaluating activity on a long-term basis.
- Excellent team player, and has the ability to work on their own.
- Strong interest in technology and current affairs always keeping up to date on news.
- Working with the media team, you'll have high attention to detail and will be instrumental in the successful running of the event.
- Passionate about media and brand promotion.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Degree or Masters in Arts or related subject
- 1+ years of PR experience, preferably in a PR agency
- Experience of working in events is nice to have.
- Strong writing skills a bonus
- high attention to detail on everything you do.
- Ability to prioritise and think outside of the box.
- Great team player and motivated to excel.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.