Product Owner - Mobile
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to make the attendee experience excellent, so whatever projects you work on you’ll work closely with our UX engineers, data scientists, event engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Hong Kong, MoneyConf in Dublin, and Collision in New Orleans.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- As Product Owner you’ll be the internal and external lead on a portion of our products’ portfolio, specifically mobile.
- You’ll be challenged to not only drive the day to day development of our mobile products but also develop their long term strategic vision.
- You’ll work with a team of experienced project and product managers gaining experience in lean project management.
- You’ll work closely with our world class cross functional teams (event and product engineering, data science, sales, event production, design, communications and content, etc.) gaining valuable insight and experience of their area of expertise.
- You’ll own the execution of a product roadmap and prioritise the development of the right features for both the business and our attendees.
- You’ll translate product features and functionality into detailed user stories/product requirements.
- You’ll aim to understand how the business works; and how current and future market opportunities affect our products.
- You’ll pitch your own product improvements and features that further Web Summit’s goals.
- You’ll be a champion for the customer and user experience.
Who you are:
- You’re passionate about creating world class products and constantly look for new ways to drive innovation.
- You’re highly effective in pushing products forward balancing end-user needs, engineering priorities, and business requirements.
- You’re able to see and communicate the long term product vision and predict roadblocks, while maintaining excellent focus on executing the short-term goals.
- You’re capable of managing multiple products with different objectives & at different stages without compromising results.
- You’re an excellent communicator and collaborator who understands problems from both a technical and business aspect, and you consistently come up with effective solutions.
- You have tactical and strategic skills and can quickly alternate between them.
- You embody integrity and are known to provide transparency on progress or issues.
- You drive change actively as you believe everything can be constantly improved.
- You have experience working in a Kanban or Scrum team driving everyone around you to perform to their utmost.
- You’re comfortable working with stakeholders at multiple organisation levels - from interns to VP team.
- You’re fun and people enjoy working with you.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Prior experience as a product manager or product owner in a fast paced online B2C environment.
- Strong ability to define and prioritise product features.
- Effective stakeholder wrangling
- Past success working with an agile development team.
- CS degree or background in design, UX, or web development is a plus.
- Ability to thrive on uncertainty
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.
- Have the opportunity to travel to our global events and tap into the best tech network under one roof!