In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team
The content team communicates with our attendees and draws them to our events around the world. The team sits within the company’s wider marketing function. Working closely with advertising, email marketing, and the data science teams, we’re looking for someone to create and manage our written content to make it better and more targeted than ever before.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit
- You’ll write compelling content for our websites, sales collateral, emails, social media, newsletters, and blogs
- You’ll balance multiple priorities at a time, conceptualising and developing ideas and messages around business and marketing objectives
- You’ll review, proof and optimise outbound communication across all company platforms
- You’ll act as a copy editor for several teams across the business, including our partnerships and speakers teams
- You’ll rise to challenging briefs and work closely with our design team to develop engaging campaigns
- You’ll be listened to. No matter how crazy your ideas seem!
Who you are
- You can write clear, persuasive, original copy. You’re an excellent communicator with an eye for detail.
- You have a strong interest in content marketing and the world of technology but you're not just an excellent writer, you're a creative marketer. You understand the importance of A/B testing. You base your decisions on data and are able to test ideas and iterate quickly.
- You have experience using different tools (email marketing tools, web content editing platforms, etc.) and a good understanding of SEO.
- You’re invested in developing captivating content, finding new ways to engage with your audience and capture their interest.
- You’re a creative at heart and are constantly thinking of new ideas to implement.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for
- Experience in Web copywriting and working to strict deadlines.
- Outstanding writing and grammar!
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced and varied business environment where flexibility is a must and direction can change quickly.
- Experience with email marketing platforms.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.