In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team
The Media team is at the centre of Web Summit, making sure that everyone knows about our events across the world. They are the gatekeepers of the Web Summit brand. They create innovative and unique campaigns to communicate Web Summit events and the company behind the events. They work with media from international outlets such as Wall Street Journal, CNBC, BBC on a daily basis, making sure that they have all the most up to date news from Web Summit events. They work closely with the marketing and speakers team to ensure that everything is aligned when it comes to communicating the brand to the world.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You'll plan and execute PR strategy to deliver key objectives set by the business.
- You’ll manage specific PR campaigns around the world ensuring you get maximum positive coverage.
- You’ll work on creative ways to increase media attendees at all of our events.
- Manage PR agencies to deliver PR strategic objectives.
- Responsible for accurate and insightful reporting of metrics from all PR campaigns to assess return on investment.
- You'll work with our Speaker team to identify and help secure newsworthy moments/announcements that would be of interest to the international media attending our events.
- You’ll work with media on our events giving them the most interesting stories so as to assure that we get maximum coverage.
- You’ll write strong comms plans, press releases, and opinion pieces in a timely manner.
- You’ll be ruthless in acquiring high-calibre media to moderate on-stage sessions and be confident in your dealings with them.
- You’ll work closely and confidently with our partners, speakers and their comms teams advising them on how to increase their brand exposure to media.
- Build key relationships with media from a variety of markets around the world.
- You’ll oversee and maintain an active and up to date database of clients and prospects in Salesforce.
Who you are:
- A creative, confident, articulate individual who is a clear communicator and has excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and flexible who can work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- A strategic thinker with a proven track record of planning, executing and evaluating activity on a long-term basis.
- Excellent team player, and has the ability to work on their own.
- Strong interest in technology and current affairs always keeping up to date on news.
- Passionate about media and brand promotion.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Degree or Masters in Arts or related subject
- 3+ years of PR experience, preferably in a PR agency
- Experience of working in events a plus
- Very strong writer and editor with passionate interest in creating unique content across several media
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.