In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team
The syndication team oversee everything from video creation (i.e. video footage/filming of the events) and syndication of that material in order to reach an even wider global audience. This team works closely with our content, advertising, media, production and partnerships teams in order to ensure our company is outputting a high video quality for potential media partners.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit
- You’ll take ownership of Web Summit’s library of video content.
- You’ll put together video content for our websites, advertisements and social media.
- You’ll edit together packages to push out to third party companies globally.
- You’ll work on live video productions during our events all across the world.
- You’ll rise to challenging briefs and work closely with our content and advertising teams to develop engaging video content.
- You’ll be listened to. No matter how crazy your ideas seem!
Who you are
- You can create original video content. You’re an excellent communicator with an eye for detail.
- You can work alongside a team, taking ideas and suggestions, but are also capable of creating engaging content by yourself.
- You have a strong interest in film, television and the world of technology but you're not just a video editor, you're a creative marketer. You understand the importance of testing different creative thoughts and ideas. You base your decisions on results and are able to test ideas and iterate quickly.
- You have experience using different editing tools (Photoshop, After Effects, etc.) and a keen understanding of video editing tools like Final Cut or Premiere Pro.
- You’re invested in creating captivating content, finding new ways to engage your audience and capture their interest.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for
- Two-plus years’ video editing or production experience and adherence to strict deadlines
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced and varied business environment where flexibility is a must and direction can change quickly.
- Experience with Premiere Pro or Final Cut, Photoshop, Adobe Suite, After Effects and other creative editing platforms.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.