In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team:
Web Summit Live Events Team is central to creating world-class attendee experience on a global scale. Designers, event coordinators, producers, stage managers and many others work hand in hand to produce all elements from stages to exhibitions through to live operations and attendee experience for Web Summit, SURGE, RISE, f.ounders, Collision, MoneyConf and many more of our events round the world.
Who you are:
- You have exceptional organisational and administrative skills, along with a keen attention to detail
- You like to self-motivate and you certainly don’t lack enthusiasm
- You’re a calm person, stay level headed under pressure and able to make decisions on the go
- You’re a problem-solver with the ability to think on your feet, react rapidly to situations, prioritise your workload and implement measures to improve procedures and workflow
- You’re flexible and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and pressurised environment
- You can juggle multiple projects at once and have really good prioritisation skills
- You can analyse requirements and develop delivery structures
- You have a love of both startups/tech and events and have the willingness to work in an amazingly dedicated team
- You’re confident and friendly person
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll assist in the planning of our global events
- You’ll support the production team by coordinating calendars and setting meetings.
- You’ll work closely with the Event Producers, taking responsibility of areas of pre production and planning
- You’ll be involved in venue selection, operational logistics, travel planning, event staff management, database management
- You’ll liaise with key suppliers and contractors, including contracting and engagement, briefings and be the point of contact.
- Using data as the key, you’ll work with multiple cross company teams to develop existing and create new efficient processes.
- You’ll learn directly from your teammates.
- On site you’ll work as part of the wider team differing excellence throughout the event
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with strong performance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively
- Strong administrative skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Ambition and an ability to work on own initiative to accomplish tasks
- Previous experience in event planning or coordination roles
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.