Associate Director of Product Management, Last Mile Delivery & Routing
Who We Are:
We’re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
Wayfair is looking for a strategic product leader to lead our Last Mile, Home Delivery, routing product team.
You will lead a small team of product managers and associates responsible for identifying, defining, developing, and integrating innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in our last mile delivery network. In this role, you will fully own the Last Mile Routing product, from defining the vision and creating strategies to executing and delivering the solutions. The successful candidate needs to be self-motivated, work well with cross functional teams in technology and operations, and thrive in a constantly-evolving business environment. This person will work closely with engineering, operations, OR, and finance to define the tools and tech platforms needed for the delivery systems of the future. This role offers the opportunity to make business-critical decisions and includes significant visibility and collaboration with senior leaders across several Wayfair functions.
Domestic travel will be required approximately 15% of the time.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with senior leaders to define last mile routing vision and strategy
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of the team’s initiatives
- Work with your team to translate vision into robust, intuitive, scalable products
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization
- Develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly update key partners and stakeholders
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers and associates
- Work closely with senior management across Wayfair to ensure vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of product management fundamentals and execution of OPI at large
What You'll Need:
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Demonstrated competency leading strategic decision making in multi-functional spaces
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Strong management skills and “get it done” attitude
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- 7+ years product management experience working with operational systems, preferably in an Agile environment
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Proficient and comfortable with relational database query languages and data architecture
- Educational background in either technical or supply chain operations related field preferred
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Subject matter familiarity in supply chain logistics, routing, last mile delivery or optimization models preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.