Senior Manager, Demand Forecasting
Wayfair is in the midst of a rapid buildout of physical assets which will soon total 100 facilities across the United States, Canada, and Europe. The strategic buildout enables unique supply chain efficiencies and customer delivery experiences. To execute this strategic vision, Wayfair needs to create innovative demand forecasting models and inventory management systems that ensure efficient deployment of capital for both Wayfair and its 5000+ suppliers. Improving demand forecasting is a key strategic initiative at the company and is highly visible function. The Demand Forecasting team uses in-depth analytics and business acumen to make smart and strategic demand and supply planning decisions. The team collaborates cross-functionally with multiple teams across the company, ranging from Data Science, Operations Research, Product, Engineering, CastleGate Operations/ Inventory Availability/ Account Management/ Buyfair, and Merchandising/ Category Management/ Promotions. We tackle complex, big-picture problems head-on and use data and analytics to help frame business strategy and drive decision-making.
What You'll Do
- Structure the demand and supply planning methodology and set up the key operating processes
- Architect algorithms and systems to improve demand forecasting
- Define innovative and data-driven MVP/pilot solutions to improve process/sub-process performance, and streamline processes, algorithms and data architecture to drive ongoing process improvements
- Drive strong relationships across stakeholder teams to grow MVPs/pilot initiatives into mature and thriving programs across the organization
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to define the product roadmap and prioritize resources effectively
- Develop KPIs for measuring process/sub-process performance and showcase performance trends and program improvements to senior management
- Lead and mentor a strong team of managers and analysts
What You'll Need
- Experience working with large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- An affinity for data and resourcefulness in making intelligent assumptions when data is not available
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and executive presence in team meetings
- Experience collaborating successfully with cross-functional teams
- A “manager – doer” who is willing to get deep in the weeds
- An entrepreneurial and positive attitude
- Advanced knowledge of SQL & Tableau and working knowledge of statistical tools
- At least 5 years of experience in an analytical or consulting role (preferably in supply chain or financial analytics)
- A degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics/Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or other concentrations with a quantitative focus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.