Analytics Engineering Manager
Analytics Engineering at Wayfair seeks to empower every employee at Wayfair to make data-informed decisions by providing self-service tooling to handle complex analytic tasks at scale. We use open source and internal technologies to build, improve, and manage the reporting platforms and processing technologies used by thousands of Wayfair employees every day to serve our customers more efficiently.
Working with partners in the rest of analytics, you will set the agenda and priority for a team of talented engineers who build full stack analytic products. Responsibilities include partnering with product managers to drive the roadmap, mentoring and training engineers, and architecting the next generation of Wayfair’s reliable, scalable, and resilient analytic tooling.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the development of key internally developed Wayfair analytic products, including:
- Job scheduling
- Data cataloging and lineage
- Anomaly Detection
- Build, schedule, and manage data pipelines from application origin through batch and streaming systems to make it available in this tooling
- Own, maintain, and improve core analytic products ranging from classic frontend BI tooling that enables self-service exploration of data at scale to sophisticated batch and streaming data pipelines
- Work to lower barriers to data access across the company and provide tools to surface relevant, actionable data where it is needed
- Interface with core analytic systems, including petabyte scale Hadoop and Vertica environments
- Mentor and develop of a team of full stack data experts to enable all of the above
Who You Are
- Excited about unlocking the value of petabyte scale data
- A desire to develop sophisticated technical applications from the frontend user experience to the backend system administration
- Familiar with SQL
- Excited to collaborate with partners across the business and engineering to understand their needs
What You Have
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related degree required
- Experience working as a manager, tech-lead, or cross-functional architect.
- Comfortable coaching a team of analysts to grow their technical, analytical, and communication skills.
- 2+ years of people management experience preferred.
- Examples of prior innovation in a fast-paced, independent capacity.
- Experience with agile development, source control systems, continuous integration and other standards of modern development
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Previous work with a full stack application, especially in the analytics space
- Previous experience with Hadoop and associated query systems like Presto or Hive
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.